Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #1  
Mom of 3 under 2

S/C/G: 240/240/200

Height: 5'5"

Talking New Year + New Member!

Hi everyone

Didnt officially make a resolution but definitely want to lose weight this year, for many reasons.

I want my marriage to be better.

I want to be a healthier weight if I have another baby (never had pregnancy issues because of weight but want to FEEL better when pregnant and look like Im pregnant not just fat lol).

I want to be healthier and have more energy for my kids.

I dont want to be the fat one in my family.

I just turned 28.

Ive been married for almost 5 years now and had 3 kids in under 2 years. Between Feb 1st 2011 and July 30th 2013 I was pregnant for almost 18 months lol. I actually do amazingly well weight wise when pregnant and each time ended up over 30lbs under my pre pregnancy weight even with the twins! But then I tend to slowly but surely gain it back. My highest weight was 262 when pregnant with the twins and my highest non pregnant weight was 250. I had C-sections both times and have not only my normal fat rolls but also the dreaded C-section pooch thing too. I feel like honestly if I just had my stretched out skin alone removed I would lose about 20lbs.

My little girl is 3 years old and is a pediatric stroke and brain cancer survivor. We spent over 80 days in the hospital, have been through countless MRIs and surgeries, scans, Xrays and tons of other stuff too that adds stress upon stress and then 18 month old twin boys dont help the stress either lol. I eat when Im happy and content or bored. Ive Im upset or mad or sad I dont eat at all. I have the metabolism of a freaking anaconda. I can go all day and not remember to eat. I can go all day and just snack on little stuff. I hardly ever eat three big meals a day. Usually breakfast and then snacking until dinner. I love carbs. I love sodas. I love everything that is bad and am super picky when it comes to anything that is healthy lol. I like maybe 8 of the countless veggies that you COULD eat. Im allergic to capsaicin (anything pepper) and that also gets into the way of what I can and cant eat. Most diet foods or recipes seem to call for spice to make up for lost flavor from fats or carbs, so that definitely doesnt help.

My husband isnt happy with my weight but he isnt thin or normal either so that causes issues for us. I almost feel like if I lose weight then he is the one benefiting and why should I lose weight for him just so he will love me. And yes we both go to therapy and couples therapy as well although the weight thing hasnt come up in therapy yet but it is definitely going to be a topic at the next session.

Im afraid of losing weight but still looking bad because of my skin and stretch marks, I know to be completely happy surgery is going to be involved at some point which I also dread.

Im going to be trying to cut out sodas, probably doing diet first instead of cutting cold turkey and then eventually cutting them out altogether. If I do snack im going to try to make it healthier and I know I need to drink TONS more water. I have to also watch my carb intake and I want to try and get more healthy veggies into my diet too.

We have a gym membership and the boys are old enough for the daycare now and they love it so I will be doing that and if the weather is nice going on more walks with them in the stroller. I plan on doing the yoga class at the gym on Tues and Thurs and then add more classes from there. I have a wii fit as well here at home and will use that on days I cant get out of the house.

Well I guess thats a pretty detailed intro, sorry for the book but just wanted to try and cover a bit of everything. Ive attached some pics, me when I was 34 weeks pregnant with the twins, just me face wise and then me this past July with one of my twins because its the only full body pic I have. I will try and get to some good before pics too as soon as I can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twin belly 34w.jpg (26.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg me.jpg (21.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg me with dex.jpg (18.3 KB, 7 views)
HappiestMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:13 AM   #2  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

You are so pretty! I am sorry that your husband doesnt make you feel that way :-( just remeber you are not doing it for him you are doing it for those 3 beautiful babies that depend in you for Love and protection. They need their mom just like my kids need their mom and even more importantly they deserve a healthy happy mom with high self esteem. You got this girl and remeber DONT GIVE UP!
Bslope0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

It sounds like your marriage has more underlying issues that are not weight related. Don't be down on yourself because of your looks. You've been through an emotional roller coaster and kudos to you for taking time for yourself now. Anything you do for your body is for you. We all want to feel more attractive to our spouses or in general but bottom line it's your health and confidence that is important.

There are a lot of good threads focused on food intake and exercise. Make yourself a game plan and start...baby steps. A lot of people have the most success planning exercise. So make time for it, and as far as food goes DO eat! But, do research on what to eat... and how much. If you have problems with portions, you may need to start measuring everything until you get the hang of what a serving is of everything. I used to do that. It helped a lot.

Good luck on your new journey!
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #4  
Mom of 3 under 2

S/C/G: 240/240/200

Height: 5'5"

thanks ladies...he tells me Im pretty...but just also comments on the weight thing anytime we fight...thats his go to argument....which is just not ok..and like I said will definitely be a topic at the next therapy session...I know he isnt happy with his body either but being a bully...especially as my husband..just isnt ok...and I know that..I just have to find a way to get him to see that..Ive never commented on his weight like that...so Im just over it .... Im going to go walking with the boys today if it stays not raining by the time they wake up..I would take them to the gym with me but they have been sick and I dont want to contaminate the daycare so gym with them will have to wait till next week once they are better...
HappiestMom is offline   Reply With Quote