Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 173/145/130

Height: 4'11

Default Read me please!

Hi everyone,

My name is Meli, I'm from Boston Ma and I am in need of some help! I am at a point in life where I'm not comfortable with my body I am 4 foot 11 inches tall and I'm 170! This is the biggest I've every been! Starting January 1st I made a promise to myself to start taking care of me! I have a husband and 2 children
I don't have much time to do anything because my children and my business takes up all of my time! I've tried logging foods, counting calories and always dropped the ball! I want to make a lifestyle change but don't know how to get started! Please help me figure this out!

Thanks so much for your time,
Meli
Meli35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #2  
it's always something

Welcome! We're glad you found us Juggling a business and family while taking care of yourself can be difficult, but it can be done! Are you looking for diet plan, such as Weight Watchers, or do you find it easier to make small changes to your lifestyle? We have a lot of forums and groups that should help you get started. Good luck!
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi Meli,
Greetings from Marthas Vineyard. I just posted my first post today. I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. We can do this! I weigh in every morning and was 147 in the spring, 149 in Sept. And now I am up to 152. I need to get control of my eating before I continue to balloon. Don't hesitate to contact me for support
McButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #4  

Hi! Thank you for your replies! I did WW and did ok with it but then I started to stop logging everything and eventually I fell off the wagon! I basically need to be sent into the right direction to see what would be an easier change for me! I'm having at very hard time getting started!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'2

start with little goals. don't jump in too fast. start with walking more. or adding in more vegetables or smaller portions.
bbarber62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #6  

Thank you so much! I can certainly do that!
Old 12-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #7  

I am on for first time. Have been attending meeting once a week. Lately, I have been more content and comfortable with self than I have for a long time. But, when I look around me my environment is chaotic with clutter and more so than it has been in a long time. Holidays are difficult re food - so often there is junk food around. I live alone and food is more than nutrition, its a focus. My refrigerator and freezer could feed me for a month or more! I had an idea today that I would start to limit my stops at grocery stores to once a month for anything other than bread, milk, eggs. That might help take the idea out of my head that food is entertainment. I don't have an eating plan, but know that unless I eat about 60 gms of protein a day I don't have energy or motivation. Big Book is interesting and helpful. Have been doing some reading of literature, but, am very reluctant to seek sponsor. No shame, but, live in small town area and find that folks here are not remiss about being judgmental or passing comments on to others. 5'3 and about 160 pounds. Would like to take this in 10 pound intervals and slowly. Have been doing 3 miles on exercycle a day and increasing resistance on bike gradually and doing intervals of high intensity. Its overwhelming.
nouse is offline   Reply With Quote