Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/320/195

Height: 5'11"

Default I Come From Alabama

Hello all, my name is Johnnie and I hail from North Alabama. I've been looking for a place to settle in to learn and talk low carb dieting, and this place won me over. You won me over becuase of the higher traffic, and extremely helpful and up-lifting threads that I have found here... I am glad to be here.

About me: I tried the Atkins plan in the late 90's and lost 60+ pounds... and also lost my way, zooming from 195 to my current weight of 320 pounds. At age 50 (and a half) I count my lucky stars everyday that I am still alive. Along the way I have quit smoking (2002) and quit drinking (2008), so I feel I am a prime candidate to take back my life doing the Atkins way. I have been looking at the "Sugar Buster" diet, but I am not quite conviced it is for me...even though my wife's boss has lost 50 pounds since August on this diet, I remain somewhat skepticle.

I know there is no time like the present, but I need to pick myslf up a copy of the latest Atkins diet... I'm sure that since 1999, much has changed...(?)

Again, I'm glad I am here, and I am ready to begin a new me!
DRAGON64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Welcome...Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Do you have a banjo on your knee? (instantly what I thought, when I saw your thread title! )

Welcome! There is an active Carb Counters forum here, with an Atkins subforum. I followed Atkins many years ago and found it a very successful and healthy, so good luck to you! I think you'll do great!

I think you could still follow the original Atkins book and not be missing a thing, but I'm sure you'll find lots of info online about it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #4  

Is this site for woman only? The more I read through the success threads, the more I realize I may be the only male here.... Kinda feeling out of place at the moment.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #5  
Always Dreaming

S/C/G: 160/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
Is this site for woman only? The more I read through the success threads, the more I realize I may be the only male here.... Kinda feeling out of place at the moment.
I would say that the majority of people on here are female, but I do know of a couple regular posters that are male. But that doesn't mean you should feel out of place! We're all trying to lose weight and become healthier, no matter our individual situations
DraconicDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 06:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/199/125

Height: 5'1"

welcome!
vchan000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forum and best wishes on your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #8  

Thanks all for the welcome... truely appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconicDreams View Post
I would say that the majority of people on here are female, but I do know of a couple regular posters that are male. But that doesn't mean you should feel out of place! We're all trying to lose weight and become healthier, no matter our individual situations
Thanks... my wife says that whenever I start a diet, she can tell when the changes start to take hold, because I begin to get overly sensitive... about most everything. I'm better today!

Love the username by the way...
Old 12-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
Nah, there are some great guys here. IanG comes to mind, he's around fairly often and he's achieved a lot and looks great. TheSatinPumpkin, too, just as awesome. There are others, those guys are just two I've run into quite a bit here.

Seems like the men have a pretty good track record here for achieving their goals, which may just be a statistical thing (and maybe it takes more seriousness about weight loss for a man to come to the forum, or something).

Anyway, welcome! We're glad to have you here.
We're all in this together
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote