Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-31-2014, 02:43 AM   #1  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Talking My Return

The reason I came back is the same reason I came here originally. I looked at the scale and saw that I'd lost some weight. It inspired me to try. I guess I saw the capacity to lose the pounds.

In college, I hit 200 and knew I'd reached a limit. So I ate better and worked out a little and lost some weight. With concentrated effort, I went down to 160. And never dropped any more - but I was running, exercising, and eating healthy. So, I'd made my life better.

Then in my senior year I started getting random health problems that affected my bones and muscles and made me feel twenty years older than a college student should feel. I haven't been exercising much since then.

I recently moved to a new city that is full of outdoor activities. I've been hiking weekends and walking around and even went for a short jog a day ago (Despite my doctor saying no to that, I'm relatively unscathed.) As for diet, my office provides a nonstop flow of coffee. I drink it because I like coffee and I'm weak willed. So that curbs my appetite. And the restaurants here are not excellent, so I don't eat out as much as I used to.

I checked the scale a week ago and saw that I'd dropped six pounds in a month. I'm still not sure if the scale is broken. But long story still long, I've decided to try my hand at eating healthy again. So, thanks for reading if you got this far! I appreciate you all.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 01:48 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome back, how great to move to a city with lots of great outdoor activities but cruddy restaurants, lol -- that's winning the lotto!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #3  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

Haha, from our perspective I guess! It has been lots of fun.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote