Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #1  
Just A Normal Guy

S/C/G: 413/405.5/260

Height: 6'

Default Hello Everyone

I'm new here and just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm a 31 year old father of 1 and now that she's started school, I want to get back in the gym. This time I plan to see it through and change my eating habits as well.
3xTheCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

Awesome! My husband and I are planning on joining the rec center here in town (no gym! ) and getting into a good workout routine as well as changing our way of eating. Work hard at it and don't give up! Don't know if you're the type to talk yourself out of a workout (ME!!) but be stubborn with yourself and talk yourself right back into it! Good luck!
Bllondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

You guys are awesome.

I'd just like to say, don't be discouraged if it's hard to keep going to the gym after the first little while. Not sure if you're like me, but if you are, it's tough to start a routine and really have it turn into a routine (even though I actually LIKE the gym once I'm there).

I think for me it's help to dissociate exercise from food. Previous attempts to "live a healthy lifestyle" had me going to the gym, but when I invariably got off track with exercise, I'd feel like a failure and get off track with food as well. But like I said, that might not be true for everyone; it's just something I've noticed about myself.

Since I'm relatively active already (I commute on foot to work, 20 minutes each way at a brisk pace), I don't worry about it, which means if I do exercise it's either to get me from point A to point B, or it's something fun I'm excited about doing (Snowshoeing! Yay!).

Sorry, I think I got rambly there at some point. But I'm sick, so I'll wave my free pass in the air...

faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #4  
Just A Normal Guy

S/C/G: 413/405.5/260

Height: 6'

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it.
3xTheCharm is offline   Reply With Quote