Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Post here's to getting out of the plus size section!

Hi my name is Divina. I started losing weight about two years ago. I've lost almost fifty pounds now!

However, I'm still pretty far from my goal. My real motivation for losing weight is to get out of the plus size section. I'm a size 14 right now. I started at a size 18 heading to a 20. I just want to be able to go shopping wherever I want with my friends (most of whom are not plus size). I'm so tired of 'browsing' through clothes when I go shopping because the store doesn't have my size! I'm in college and I'm 22! I should be enjoying my life not worrying about my weight!

I'm not sure if my goal of 160 pounds will get me out of being plus sized but it's a start!

Currently I'm doing the Weight Watchers Points Plus program on my own, as I've done in the past, and I'm taking an aerobics class. I've lost 10 pounds this semester so far, 6 of which I had lost earlier this year...I've plateaued these last two weeks so I really need to step it up!

I'm really excited to get some new motivation from this site! Good luck everyone! We can do it!

Last edited by DivineDivina; 10-17-2014 at 02:26 PM.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Welcome DivineDivina!!! Such great progress so far. Keep it up!

I started around the same size as you (wearing 18s, probably should have been in 20...) and am now a 12/14. At the kind of stores I shop at, I am already out of the plus size section and man that revelation was exciting! I'm guessing that, based on your age (and the kind of stores you likely shop at) you just have a little ways to go until you'll be there yourself. It definitely feels good to be in the "normal" section and have more choices. You'll be there before you know it!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:34 AM   #3  

Default Celebrating leaving the plus size department!

I started a major lifestyle change 10 weeks ago and have gone from squeezing into a 2X tee to a regular size Large. I count calories and am walking 4 miles at least 5 days a week. I walk with my hubby and we're averaging 3.4 miles an hour. It feels wonderful to not be hauling all of that extra weight around.

I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and at 55 I decided it was time I finally did something about it. I've lost lots of weight on diets but always gain it back. This time I'm taking a different approach. I didn't weigh myself before I started and don't intend to until I get to the point where I look the way I want and feel fit and healthy. In the past I've been a slave to the scale and it's never worked. Once I reach that perfect weight for me I plan to weigh myself and maintain that weight.

This time around I decided that as long as I didn't give up I would succeed eventually so my mind is set for a long haul. I figure I'm about half way there but I also know that the second half is harder and takes longer. What's been interesting for me is how much easier this time has been. Since I'm counting calories I can eat what I want as long as I keep myself within my daily calorie count. Of course, the main difference is the exercise. Sometimes it's hard to get out the door but every day I do two dog walks of a mile each and a brisk 2 mile walk with my husband. I'd forgotten what endorphins feel like. It's amazing how good I feel afterwards.

I wish I'd figured this out years ago. Oh well I guess along with getting older I got wiser. I recently heard someone say that when you decide to make a life change the beginning is easier because you're excited about what you're going to do, and of course the end is great because you've achieved your goal. The danger zone is when you're in the middle. If you hang on and not give up when you're in the middle, you'll make it to the joyous end.
swooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the replies everyone! They're very inspiring! Eating right is my main problem. I think I've found the problem in my method of dieting. Every week I allow myself to have a cheat meal on Thursday night because I always meet up with my friends on this day. Unknown to me, I was probably eating all of the calories I had lost earlier in the week! This would explain my plateauing! I'm gonna keep my meal within points this week and see what happens. Good luck you guys! Let's get to the end!
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote