Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 400/400/250

Height: 5'4

Post Always me in southern Virginia

Hello all (or y'all as we say in the south). Very new to this forum/intro, so forgive me if I say or do something wrong.
I decided to join a support forum because I've recently accepted the fact that I suffer from depression regarding my weight. Depression wasn't something you talked about when I was growing up, therefore, I thought it only applied to other people. Turns out, I'm not living up to my full potential. Plus, I have decided to acknowledge that my weight is causing physical issues (outside of the pain we all feel) and I am just not sure how to handle them. I want to talk to other people that understand where I'm coming from. I have a very supportive partner, but she's never been obese so she can only understand so much.
hope8370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Greetings and welcome to the forum. I think you will find several individuals on this forum, including myself, who suffer(ed) depression due to weight issues. Don't look at the overall picture but make mini-goals for yourself. Looking at a total number can be rather overwhelming. I take my mini-goals in smaller chunks so I can celebrate small successes more often and cheer myself on with the non scale victories. Best wishes on your weight loss journey.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

So glad you found us. Don't worry about saying or doing anything wrong, just feel free to participate! The site is SO supportive and informative, and you've probably come across the sub-forums on depression and other obstacles, as well as sub-forums on every other possible weight-loss topic imaginable.

Hope you find the site helpful, and good luck on your journey!!!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote