Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/243/160

Height: 5'7

Default So glad I found this site... Little bit about me

Hi all,

My name is Lorren. I'm 26 (I'll be 27 on Nov 7th, 64 days away). Never been married (however I do have a great bf, he is very supportive of me), no kids, but I have two wonderful dogs that are my morning star and evening moonlight (sounds cheesy, I know but they really mean the world to me). I've been struggling with my weight since I was 19. I'm working on quitting smoking and have been on the ecig (not saying its healthy but its healthier than cigs) since Jan 30th of this year. I have had 4 knee surgeries on my right knee over the course of 7 yrs (age 15-23) and a foot surgery on my left foot in Jan of 2012 (last surgery I had).

My real desire for weight loss journey started when I hit 280lbs on Feb 6, 2012. I was determined to do ANYTHING I could to lose that weight. I went with my mother (who also is and was overweight by at least 100lbs) to a clinic that gave b12 drops and some other kind of supplement and told us that we could only have food from this list they gave us (basically 500cals daily). I lost 30lbs in 10 weeks but it wasn't sustainable so all but 10 lbs came right back. At the time I thought "Hey 2 steps forward and 1 step back is still moving forward right?" Well it was about 4 months later, I got diagnosed with RAthritist (after a year on different meds I finally found a combo that works for me right now), IBS (also currently on meds for) and lactose intolerant (No milk for me ). About 3 months after these diagnoses I started getting sick in the middle of the night, EVERYNIGHT... I figured out it was only when I had dinner, it didn't matter what I ate but just that I ate and I wouldn't get sick right after dinner it was at least 4 hours later sometimes even 8 hours later.

So guess what I stopped eating dinner and just ate breakfast and lunch. I learned on that horrible diet that I liked some of those foods and snacks so I kept some of the things I learned but just tweaked it so I wasn't starving myself. I figured out that my body would keep saying I was hungry unless I ate a large portion of protein so I did. After about 6 months of learning and applying this knowledge to my routines I dropped those other 20lbs in about 5 months. I wasn't traditionally exercising but I'm very active (I've had different projects: moving, refinishing floors, cleaning out hoarder houses, laying tile, painting entire houses, etc btw non of that is my job that pays the bills).

Well I was happy that it wasn't coming off with some magic bean or whatever. It never dropped fast but it was at least steady or at the most a 2-3 week standstill then it would go back to dropping. At least until summer started this year.... I haven't changed anything as far as what I've been eating, or how much or little I do on the weekends or after work but that scale hasn't moved in 4 months.

I didn't realize that intermittent fasting was something I was doing until I started reading up on it thinking maybe it could help me. I just had all my blood work done by my GP and everything is "good" but I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong...

Now I know this next part is what many people will have a problem with but please understand ever human body is different and deals differently with different situations. I understand basic math if you intake 1200 cals but burn 2000 cals a day that all is good and you'll lose weight but my problem is I have tried to eat healthy food and since I can only eat between 9-2pm (and not get sick later that night) and I don't want McDonald's I don't get more than 7-800 cals...I'VE TRIED... if I consume 1200 or 1400 like people say someone with my weight and height, I'll feel bad for the rest of the day go home and I have about a 60% chance of getting sick anyways...

Please give any suggestions you can... ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED!!!
Alchickypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

hi, welcome
i don't think 700 calories is okay for anyone your weight to be eating!!

i've had plateaus too, the best advice i can give you from the internet is just keep moving your body, eat right, find a way to get your calorie intake higher, and drink lots of water. it can be very discouraging but don't give up..good luck!!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote