Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 102.5/77.6/72 kilos

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi I am new

I am looking for other friends and/or groups who people do not count calories. For me it becomes to obsessive amd I felt for me I wasn't trusting my body. I want to learn to trust my intuition. Today is day three, and I feel great. I'm eating foods for the nutritonal value not the calorie value.

I'm looking for people who do the same, or want to do the same so we can support each other.

I have had a very messy history with eating disorders that's why I am not counting calories. I need to learn to listen and trust my body. Even though I have about 15 kilos (33lbs) I want to lose I want this to be more than about numbers. Even if it takes two years to lose, I am okay with that.

I am Carley from Australia, I am 31 married with two daughters. Nice to meet you all. So far I am down 6 kilos (13lbs) I am taking kilo by kilo. If I can lose 1 kilo (2.2lbs) a month I am happy.

Last edited by TheOriginalBeauty; 07-28-2014 at 11:30 PM.
TheOriginalBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 275/268/190 lb.(125/122/86 kg)

Height: 6'2" (188 cm). Age 60.

Hello Carley.

I am also new member, and another Aussie who does not count calories either.
I too need support because sometimes my best thinking gets me eating. That is, my mind is not exactly a good friend for my body, but my conscience has always proved to be correct.
The challenge is to stay aware of my conscience. Well, that is how I see it today.

In any case, I hope you will find all the support you are looking for in this forum.
2heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello to both of you! I've recently joined as well, and I do not count calories. I see the benefit of it for others, but it's never been effective or mentally healthy for me. I'm simply trying to make good choices for myself and my body, and to take it day by day.

I hope I can provide to support to both of you during our journeys! I'm 22, and a recent college graduate with no spouse or kids, so my face to face support is minimal.
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 AM   #4  

How do I post my weight under my avatar like you both?
Old 07-29-2014, 12:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

I too have a history of eating disorders and it was after I was sent to treatment that I gained all my weight. I've lost the weight very slowly to ensure I don't relapse and some days can be real struggles, but it is possible to manage if you monitor yourself carefully and have a great support system. I wish you the best of luck and if you aren't interested in counting calories I would suggest checking out the intuitive eating(IE) threads on here Good luck!
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 276/260.6/145

Height: 5'5"

Carley, I believe you can go into the User CP tab, and select "Edit Profile" and it will allow you to add things like your weight and location under your avatar
Chelainabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelainabear View Post
Carley, I believe you can go into the User CP tab, and select "Edit Profile" and it will allow you to add things like your weight and location under your avatar

Thank you so much!!!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:48 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottington View Post
I too have a history of eating disorders and it was after I was sent to treatment that I gained all my weight. I've lost the weight very slowly to ensure I don't relapse and some days can be real struggles, but it is possible to manage if you monitor yourself carefully and have a great support system. I wish you the best of luck and if you aren't interested in counting calories I would suggest checking out the intuitive eating(IE) threads on here Good luck!
How do I find intuitive eating on here?
Old 07-29-2014, 01:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Here is a thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...ly-2014-a.html and there are a few other discussions going on here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/

Edit to add: The threads in the 2nd link are titled IE.

Last edited by Dottington; 07-29-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote