Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #1  

Default Hi!

My fat cells are too big. I eat a fairly healthy diet, but my portions are large and I binge on sweets. So here I am. I need support to do this. I'm not the type that can do this alone. I've had success with weight watchers before, but I always quit before I reached goal. ITs probably been 13 years since my last meeting. I don't currently have any local meetings near me. I'm not sure if joining online would be worth it. I've had success with myfitnesspal, but my problem is that I tend to forget to login until I'm finished with my binge eating for the day. If I could remember to track what I'm eating, I would have a better way to stick to it. Any suggestions? Oh, my goal is to be at a normal weight by the time I turn 40. I have about 9 months to lose 30-40 pounds. I currently do group fitness classes at the gym (Zumba and kickboxing) 2-3 times per week, and I lift weights. I'd like to increase my group fitness to a solid 3x per week, and maybe even 4x if I can fit it into my schedule. How do I get one of those weight tracker thingies to appear on the bottom of my posts? Thanks, ladies! I look forward to getting to know you!
isabelle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Isabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle007 View Post
My fat cells are too big. I eat a fairly healthy diet, but my portions are large and I binge on sweets. So here I am. I need support to do this. I'm not the type that can do this alone. I've had success with weight watchers before, but I always quit before I reached goal. ITs probably been 13 years since my last meeting. I don't currently have any local meetings near me. I'm not sure if joining online would be worth it. I've had success with myfitnesspal, but my problem is that I tend to forget to login until I'm finished with my binge eating for the day. If I could remember to track what I'm eating, I would have a better way to stick to it. Any suggestions? Oh, my goal is to be at a normal weight by the time I turn 40. I have about 9 months to lose 30-40 pounds. I currently do group fitness classes at the gym (Zumba and kickboxing) 2-3 times per week, and I lift weights. I'd like to increase my group fitness to a solid 3x per week, and maybe even 4x if I can fit it into my schedule. How do I get one of those weight tracker thingies to appear on the bottom of my posts? Thanks, ladies! I look forward to getting to know you!
Welcome!!!

9 months for 30-40lbs is very doable. My journey took a solid 18 months for 130lbs. So I know you can succeed. I too........Binge. I don't know what you consider a binge because what I do at times is not the "textbook" definition so I guess I will say I pig out. I love my chocolate. I love food and I relate food to everything. Boredom. Excitement. Stress. Celebration. Sadness. Social you name it. I think food should be involved in everything. I forever was never a proponent for exercise. And honestly I lost 80lbs before stepping into a gym. I mostly stick to it now for the mental aspect. I use the "Fitbit" tracker. I can do it from my phone or office. It keeps me in check.

For the tracker go to your user CP and you should be able to find how to do it. I will try to go back in and see step by step for you. I know you have to do a copy and paste thing. You can private message me if you wish. I would love to share things I learned along the way. UPDATE! Go to "User CP" Click on "Edit Signature" At top of page are instructions on how to add the tracker. Good Luck

Last edited by jayavery; 07-18-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Additional Info
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #3  

Wow! You are an inspiration! 130 pounds. Amazing! How did you do it? Did you follow a specific plan or did you count calories?

Thanks for the instructions for the tracker. I'll see if I can figure it out.
isabelle007 is offline   Reply With Quote