Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #1  

Default New here!

Hello all!

My name is Emily, I'm 21 and I've decided to join to see if this forum can't help give me the kick in the butt I need!

I'm currently very unhappy with my weight/how I look. I've gained almost 60 or so lbs in the past 2 years after a super bad breakup with the guy I thought was "the one." and I dealt with that breakup by eating and eating and eating. No food was safe. It was huge amounts of food, bags of chips (like normal big bags.) entire pizzas, boxes of mac and cheese. Basically if it was unhealthy and in a large portion I probably ate it instead of dealing with my feelings.

Now, my weight gain has put me at my highest weight of 165lbs or so. I'm a small person, i'm only 5ft and so I look a lot bigger than I actually am cause I carry all this extra weight in my thighs, chest and on my tummy. I've become so unhappyw ith myself I wear sweat pants and sweaters 99% of the time to attempt to hide my figure. or lack of. I'm very self concious in everything I do/wear. It's really affecting me and my relationships. I don't go out. I rarely do stuff outside of work or family things.

At this point in my life, I need to lose the weight. I need to stop making excuses. It's time to pick myself up and get serious about it. I've lost weight before. I know how to do it, it's just taking that first large leap, you know?

So here's to the journey!
runsmallx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Hello Emily!! Welcome to the forum! You did right to come here! I think we can try and give you kick in the butt you need;-)) Motivation is very important! Long and difficult journey is waiting for you. Weight loss is taugh( But you already did the hardest thing - you decided to lose weight and came here;-) So i wish you good luck!!
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote