Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2014, 01:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/245/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Serious about losing this weight!

Hey all! Been lurking for a week or two and decided to join up today! Just a bit about me:

I'm 29 and have two kids (daughter, 4mo; stepson; 12yr). I'm weighing in today at 245, 10 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. 5 years ago I weighed 180, 6 years ago I weighed 160. I want to get back to those numbers!

I have PCOS (anovulatory, IR) - I suspect I've always had it, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was 24. My husband and I went through 3 years of fertility treatments before we conceived our miracle!

I'm loving every day of being a new mommy, but I know I need to get healthy - for me and for my family.

Somewhere on here I saw a recommendation for sparkpeople.com. I've been using that site to track my cals/carbs/fat/protein/fiber intake for the past week. Doing well, I only cheated on one meal for Father's Day (haha). My husband is doing the "diet" with me (he is pre-diabetic and with my PCOS we both need a similar diet plan), so that has helped alot.

Anyway, I'm excited to be on this journey and I know it's going to be hard to stick with it, so that's why I'm here - looking for support and motivation to keep me going!
Emiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Hello there!! Welcome! Congrats with your decision to change life and lose weight!;-) Yes it is hard but very important journey!! I wish you good luck! I am sure you will achieve all of your goals! Come for support any time!;-)
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

glad to see that you had 'treats' on Fathers day, but you hopped right back onto your eating plan. It's not the one off-plan meal or the couple of cookies that make us gain weight; it's the 15 meals and two boxes of cookies!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote