Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #1  
Always hungry

Height: 5'3"

Default Not a skinny vegan!

Hi All! I joined about 3 years ago but never really followed through. I just turned 30 last week and am ready to make some serious health/life changes!

Although I am vegan, I have gained a fair amount of weight the past 5 or 6 years and I'm ready to rid myself of it for good! A lot of people assume that vegans are all thin; not true! We come in all different shapes and sizes!

A few weeks ago I started watching what I ate more carefully and starting losing a few pounds. After coming back to reality from my over-indulgent week of 30th birthday festivities, I need a reboot.

You'd think that being the manager of a vegetarian/vegan restaurant would make it easy to make the right choices, sometimes when we are slammed, or I'm hungover/exhausted, I crave junk so more often than not it's nachos or a burrito for dinner. And too much beer when I get home! I have so much healthy food/juices/smoothies at my disposal, I really need to start taking advantage of it!

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to getting and giving support on this forum!
VeganFoodRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #2  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

Welcome back!
I'm also just returning (again) and starting back on my vegetarian lifestyle after falling out when I got pregnant 2 years ago.
I hear a lot of flack about being vegetarian/vegan because it suddenly seems as though we dive head first into processed food. Which, honestly...seems a little backwards. At least for me, because once I decided to cut out meat and dairy, most processed food became off limits. I do however, believe i have a issue with getting too much sodium on my vegetarian diet and that really throws you off.
I also crave really bad food when i'm hungover or very tired after work. I'm about to turn 30 in a couple of months and decided that I need to lay off the alcohol because I'm really starting to feel like crap the next morning, even if i just have 2 light drinks. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be and can't bounce back.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote