Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Fat & Loathing in Virginia

Hello to any who will read this!

I have no idea where to begin. I just got fat. I'd love to blame every single circumstance in the world for why I'm fat, but the fact is, I am.

I had a baby (quite unplanned) at 34, put on a ton of weight, and 2 years later am still carrying it around - I look like I'm 9 months pregnant - at 225lbs.

I've gone the lazy route with Sensa and SlimQuick; tried walking and an exercise bike; and a couple of months ago purchased a Bowflex TreadClimber. I have used the TreadClimber 4 times.

My problem is the food. I quit smoking when I got pregnant, and haven't stopped eating since!

Right now, I just need support. I have no friends and spend 100% of my time alone with my son.
imafattynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:54 AM   #2  
Trying hard

Height: 5'.5"

Well, you've just made one friend... me. OK its only in cyberspace, and I'm in the UK but its a start. I piled the weight on too when I gave up smoking in 2005, and its been downhill all the way.
You and I are new on here, we've made the first move by joining this forum and getting support. So give yourself a pat on the back
Dollydimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:47 AM   #3  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Love the title of your post!

Can't stop here this is bat country!! Had to... sorry.

Welcome to the best support forum evarrr! You will find all sorts of support and motivation around these parts so start poking around threads that appeal to you. There are threads for 30-somethings, Calorie counters, and "getting out of (insert weight decade here)" threads full of people who have went through, or are going through many of the same things as you!

I also quit smoking cigarettes a few years ago. I replaced that addiction with redbull. (I've switched to zero cal ones now... that's better right?? ) While I don't have kids, I have a boyfriend and a cat who are both pretty darn needy sometimes!

Have you considered trying to count calories? It's really pretty easy once you get into it. Have a smartphone? Check out apps like My Fitness Pal, or My Net Diary and give it a try.

Maybe you can start by just making an effort to replace the bad food in your diet with good?

It's all trial and error. Finding what works for you. And here you have oodles of people who have tried literally everything and have plenty of valuable advice!

Good Luck on your journey!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote