Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #1  
A healthier me

S/C/G: 140/140/108

Height: 5"2

Red face MY JOURNEY! I want you to be a part of it!

Today I decided that enough was enough. I have been wanting to lose the extra weight since a long time ago. A little about me, in January 2006 I started college. In the first 6 months I went from being 135 to 162, the highest I have ever been in my life that was in July, 2007. I remember so distinctly. Anyway....I lost 54 lbs in 6 months. As you can imagine, my mom was SHOCKED when she saw me at the airport while coming to see me. I MISS being that skinny!!

I kept the weight off for nearly 3 years, unfortunately because of birth control and grad school ( master's) I gained about 35 lbs and even 40lbs ( school related stress). I lost about 20 lbs just before my wedding this past year. In September of this year, as school started and the pressure started building up, binge eating, eating out with my husband put me where I am right now.

I can't focus, I can't write my thesis, I just don't care because I feel fat. My husband is very supportive and loves me the way I am, in fact, we met when I was 135 lbs. I just wanna blame stress, when I write I get so anxious and nervous and I end up eating things that are not good for me.

I am now thinking that setting up a healthier time schedule will help. I want to sleep early, wake up, work out and eat vegetables and write, of course. I remember that back in 2007 my motivation was not to be fat in case I got pregnant ( I was married back then as well).

I just can't imagine getting pregnant being overweight, that would kill me.... Imagine 30 lbs from pregnancy, 30 lbs from current weight, a crying baby and a thesis to write. I would definitely get depressed.

The great thing is that I have been off birth control for 3 years almost. I was on the shot, it made me so hungryyyyyyy..

For now, this is it. If you have questions, e-mail me. I am so excited about being part of a group where I can help others.
usgirlygirl52 is offline   Reply With Quote