Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/244/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Question Trying to get started...

Hello everyone! So a little about me to start. I'm a 38 year old working wife and mother of two. I've been overweight all my life but am currently at my highest weight ever of around 255. I was one of those that always put on a brave face when criticized but it hurt nonetheless. I know my health is terrible and my habits need to change drastically but I'm struggling with figuring out exactly what that can mean for me in terms of getting everything else done. My obstacles are a combination of time and motivation. Leaving for work at 7 and getting home at 6 doesn't leave a lot of time to try and fit exercising into the daily routine. The idea of doing it at 5 a.m. or 9 p.m. isn't thrilling but those are my only realistic options during the week. And if I'm being brutally honest, I tend to be one of those people who avoids trying as a way of avoiding failure. My long term goal is to lose about 115 which would put me within my normal BMI range. So I guess what would help me from you guys is obviously the support and encouragement but primarily ideas and examples from people in similar life situations as to how you fit it all in. When do you fit in the exercise? How do you work in healthier meals when dinner is cooked mostly in the crockpot or microwave? What did you do to kick yourself in the pants when needed? Anything at all that would help me jumpstart a life change. Thanks to everyone!
Andi140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/120/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Andi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi140 View Post
Hello everyone! So a little about me to start. I'm a 38 year old working wife and mother of two. I've been overweight all my life but am currently at my highest weight ever of around 255. I was one of those that always put on a brave face when criticized but it hurt nonetheless. I know my health is terrible and my habits need to change drastically but I'm struggling with figuring out exactly what that can mean for me in terms of getting everything else done. My obstacles are a combination of time and motivation. Leaving for work at 7 and getting home at 6 doesn't leave a lot of time to try and fit exercising into the daily routine. The idea of doing it at 5 a.m. or 9 p.m. isn't thrilling but those are my only realistic options during the week. And if I'm being brutally honest, I tend to be one of those people who avoids trying as a way of avoiding failure. My long term goal is to lose about 115 which would put me within my normal BMI range. So I guess what would help me from you guys is obviously the support and encouragement but primarily ideas and examples from people in similar life situations as to how you fit it all in. When do you fit in the exercise? How do you work in healthier meals when dinner is cooked mostly in the crockpot or microwave? What did you do to kick yourself in the pants when needed? Anything at all that would help me jumpstart a life change. Thanks to everyone!
I am and was just like you. I struggled most of my life with weight, diets and lack of motivation. All while the rest of my family was "normal" weight. It wasn't until Christmas 2012 and after that I got serious. A life-changing event is what got me started as I was depressed and wouldn't eat but as my life stabilized I just continued. I mostly did WW's as I didn't have to deprive myself. I am not a fan of fruits and veggies (I know. BAD GIRL!) I love my fast food, carbs, cookies, cakes and soda's. So I still ate them in moderation or honestly I took advantage of the sales on the packaged foods. Last September 2013 after a loss of 75lbs I started exercising as my current living situation offers a free gym. But I don't really have a specific perfect work out. I just mostly move. WW's stalled on and off the last few months so I now count calories and IF. I have dropped another 10lbs in the last month. I work full time M-F 50 hours a week. So yes I had to relegate to early morning workouts. 4AM to be exact. It allows me the time because if I saved them at night I would find every excuse in the book to not do it. I work out...Do my shower, housework after and then go to work. That schedule allows me to have quality time with Hubby in the evening. I started at 20-30 mins and now with cardio and strength training depending on my fast days I go up to 1 hour and 20 mins. I keep dropping my goal weight. I love food and can't wait to start maintaining but I always feel if I just lose a little more I can play with some pounds. I used to have high BP and my knees were bad. My favorite thing to do was sit on the couch, eat and watch TV. Now I can't stand sitting around the house. I just had a full blood panel done and I am at a smaller size than in high school and the healthiest I have ever been. My resting heart rate is now 55 and my BP is around 118/76ish. To stay motivated??? I just always think about where I was and where I am at. I never want to go back so I just make it work. One thing I had to get past is that the results are not always instant but stick to the plan and THEY WILL COME. It took me almost 30 years to get fat. Only took me 13 months to get skinny PM if you need to. I would love to help support you on this journey!
jayavery is offline   Reply With Quote