Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/299/??

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello From PA

Hi everyone! My name is Kari-Ann, and I'm 24 years old. I've been overweight my entire life, despite growing up with a very healthy family. Once I started driving and working and and started controlling my own food intake, my weight just kept adding on. I've been hovering around the same weight range these past few years. My current weight is around 305 lbs.

I actually love exercise. I like to do anything outdoorsy. My main interest in life is horses. I have a horse of my own, that I do normally ride (he's had health issues this year). And yes, you can ride at my weight, you just have to be careful which horses you ride and how you ride. Riding is actually a big motivator for me to lose weight and be more fit. I want to advance my riding skills and have more opportunities that fitness and weightloss will give. I also just want to be more of an all around athlete.

My weightloss story thus far- I've lost and gained the same 20-30 lbs over the last 5 or so year. Motivation is such a key thing, and I haven't been able to keep with it yet. I recently had a few good months and lost over 10 lbs and was walking/jogging and going to gym quite regularly. Then a few things happened in my life and I felt like things got piled on me all at once and I lost my motivation in October. I'm in a better mental place this month and did pick up some good habits. I've seemed to kick my terrible soda habit. I went from constant soda to going a few weeks without it. I've drank it a few times since then, but I don't crave it anymore. I think I'm going to stay completely away from it again though. It gave me a happy feeling with having that little victory, and I'd like to keep that. The rest of my food habits have been pretty crappy. My main problem is that I need to grocery shop more and make food to take to work. I end up buying terrible pre-made/restaurant food way too often, particularly at work. I also need to get back into an exercise routine. I do like exercising, but I got into this rut where I've been doing a lot of sleeping when I'm not at work (usually work 12-16 hours of overtime a week). And now I've told you guys more than I've told anyone lately about my struggles.

I joined this site because I stumbled across it a few months ago. It really helped me to see other people's stories and successes. I've come back on here off and on, and ended up here last night. I really wanted to comment on some threads since I see people having some of the same struggles I have. And of course everyone's successes. So, here I am!
Aeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Welcome!
Jump right in! This is a great forum with lots of wonderful like minded people!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #3  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hello from PA, right back at you!

Sitting alongside people who truly understand the struggle is so valuable. Keep building on your happy little victories!

Best of luck, and just jump into any conversation that speaks to you.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #4  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Welcome!!!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Welcome!
We're about the same age & close to the same starting weight.
Good luck!
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/252/135

Height: 5' 6

I have just joined myself. I have also been overweight since childhood. I'm rooting for you. I am a decade older and wish I had done this then. So sincerely good luck.
shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Welcome Aeri,
What kind of horse do you have? I rode for 15 yrs, owned three of my own at different times. I would love to get back into it.
I'm glad you posted on the sight and sounds like already you have made a commitment to getting healthier. Find a p,an that works for you.
Good luck and keep up the good work
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #8  

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Jenny38- I have a 14 yr old quarter horse gelding. I've owned him for about 5.5 yrs now. We normally trail ride and some basic hunter/jumper riding in tbe ring. I'd love to event in the far way future though.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

Welcome aboard, and many blessings to you on this journey! What part of PA do you inhabit? I'm in Pittsburgh myself.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:56 AM   #10  

Thanks for the welcome! I'm in the South-Central area around Gettysburg.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Kari-Ann! and good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote