Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #1  

Default Seeking moral support on latest diet!!

Hi everyone

I have just plucked up the courage to join after lurking for a few weeks !

I'm 38, 5'7" and currently weigh 184lbs (13st 2). I've done loads of different diets to include Slimming World, Harcombe, WW, 5:2 but find that although I initially do well I fall off the wagon quite quickly.

I'm sick to death of my weight now so have to get it in hand. I've decided that tracking my weight with other dieters may give me the kick up the bum I need and motivate me to stick to the weight loss plan. This time i'm doing the Step diet (10,000 steps per day and reducing portions by 25%) combined with the Slimming world eating plan (ish). Aiming to lose 28lbs to get me back into a healthy weight range.

Any and all tips welcome!!
jobird1511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi jobird! Yay that you've joined! You'll find lots of support in participating! I like how you are actually designing a weight loss plan that fits you--a little of this, a little of that. I think that will help you to be more successful. Have you ever tried incorporating a cheat day into your plan? I have a weekly one in my plan now and it's the best thing I ever did. I was always very against cheat days before, because I've always been an "all-or-nothing" thinker and I had to be "all in" or "all out" and the idea of cheat days seemed "out" to me. But they are actually a planned and recommended part of the diet I'm doing now, so somehow that fooled my brain in to thinking they were "in," lol! And wow, what a difference! I don't feel deprived. It keeps my metabolism going. I don't have uncontrollable cravings for foods because I know I can have whatever I want every single week. I just have to wait for cheat day. You might consider it. It doesn't work for everyone, of course. We're all different. For some people, it triggers their appetites, and then there are others like I used to be who feel it's off plan and that messes with their overall determination. But if you are not an "all in" or "all out" person and you aren't triggered by having a cheat day, you might find it will help you stay on plan in the long run, and it's the long run that counts! You do gain a pound or two of water weight the day after cheat day, but that falls back off in the next couple of days and you continue losing fat as you normally would on your diet plan. Anyway, that's my tip! Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 10-22-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Hi Jobird! Glad you decided to post. Welcome and all the best!
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote