Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269.8/257.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hello from RRosie

Hellooooo all. I'm making attempt number infinity+1 to get to a healthy weight. I signed up in 2005 and stalled immediately. And then stalled the year and the year and the year after that. Anyone (everyone) been there, huh?

Anyway, I'm 28 and 270 pounds and I've been overweight to varying extents since I was 10. I've been hovering at this weight for 2 years and I'd like to stop hovering.

So, this go-round I'm going to try to be more friendly and less lurk-y and make a proper go of it!

Have a great weekend folks, see you around the forums!

RRosie
RedRosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/278/180

Height: 5'8"

and I know how you feel. I've made many attempts to lose weight only to stall and have to start again. I'm hanging in there this time and you can too! I suggest you find a challenge or two to join, make small goals and work toward each one. You can do this!! See ya around!
Only Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Hi and WELCOME RedRosie!!

Oh, Girl...you are SOOO in the right spot. A group of people who know what you have been thru and what you will go thru in your journey and we are here with you, to cheer you on and offer an ear when you need it!

MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

I feel like I stall every time I get stressed. When are we NOT stressed, ya know? So, I hear ya - Good luck and keep trying!!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi RedRosie! BACK! I'm 52 and I have dieted and stopped for so many years that I didn't think I'd ever be able to get back on the wagon after I stopped again 4 years ago. I was thinking, "What's the point?" This time, however, I have added a cheat day each week, an actual part of my weight loss plan, and not only does it keep me from feeling deprived but I think it helps to keep my body from stalling for any length of time because it changes things up on my metabolism every week. Although I gain a couple of pounds after each cheat day, it's water weight, and I lose it over the next few days and then continue to lose. I've lost over 25 lbs this way since mid-July and haven't completely given up any of my favorite foods. If you want to try something different, you might consider giving it a try. Whatever plan you go with, you just have to set your mind to it and know you are going to be successful. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote