Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/232/150

Height: 5' 1"

Default Good Morning to all! Need to get back on the weight loss waggon

Hi and hope everybody is having a great day. I am new here, and have read some posts and trying to find my way around the site Even tho I had a lapband put in a couple of years ago, I lost 70lbs and due to depression and not caring about myself I have gone from the 210 I got down to, to 238 and I am hoping being here and sharing with people and encouragement from everyone who treads this very difficult path, I can get back on track again. I know losing weight isn't just dieting, there is EXERCISE which I have never liked. I would be a millionaire if I had a dollar for every time somebody has told me to go for a walk . I don't want to go. Even worse just a few feet away from me I have a recumbent bike gathering dust. I was doing good for a while riding it, but I just can't seem "to get moving" Does anybody else find it hard just to get going? Everybody I know likes to work out and don't understand why I am as I am? I know I have to make the effort but it is so easy to sit here and be a "keyboard exerciser" or sit in my rocker-recliner and watch reality shows...I am 58
Cassilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Cassilda! Oh, you are not alone in not liking exercise! I'm a very good sitter, lol! But I do get out and walk. I'm a finicky walker though. I don't like to walk if it's too hot or too cold. I have to make myself when the weather isn't just right. I used to belong to the Y and going to the track there made things so much easier, but because of finances, I've let that membership expire. I despise treadmill walking, so walking inside at home is out. I've recently discovered a walking park in my town and really like it, but I'm afraid of what will happen when it starts to turn cold. (I do hot much better than cold.) As for the recumbent bike, why not tell yourself you can watch your reality tv, etc., but during commercials, you have to ride the bike? I used to have one and that's how I got started. One thing that may help you get moving is joining one of the exercise challenge threads under Chicks Up for a Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge-159/. It might help motivate you and it will definitely help keep you accountable! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/232/150

Height: 5' 1"

Jacqie_D thanks for your welcome and great reply. Yes I am very lazy indeed but I did take your advice and joined the September exercise and as I said in my post it is a very small oar in the water but I said I would ride my bike 5 min 2x daily, start small like, maybe able to work up. Thanks for the advice, hope you are having a great day
Cassilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

That's wonderful! I'm on that thread too, and see, just like today, I don't want to get in the car, drive to the walking park, and walk a lap or two, but I know I should, and what's more, I've set a goal of 25 laps for this month and I've only done 13 so far and the month is more than half over, so I WILL go do it, lol! Of course, afterward, I'm always happy I did. Glad you joined the challenge! And it's always a great idea to set an achievable goal, so good for you!

Oh, and feel free to join the sister thread, the September Weight Loss Challenge, too. That's where we get really chatty, lol!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote