Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello from NYC!

My name is Stacy and I'm a 42-year-old writer and writing teacher in NYC. I've let my weight creep up to 200 lbs over the past few years and I finally got sick of it. There's a Zumba studio right around the corner from me and I just bought a 1-month membership. There's also a donation-based yoga studio in my neighborhood. I went to my first Zumba class today and signed up for the next two days.

I also went to the grocery store tonight and bought all healthy food -- fruits, veggies, beans, and whole grains (I'm vegetarian but going to try to go vegan.) I'm not going on a "diet," per se, but I'm going to base what I eat on Dr. Weil's anti-inflammatory food pyramid. (Can't link to it, but Google it if you're interested.)

My first goal is to get below 150 lbs. My ultimate, dream goal is to get back to 125, which is what I weighed in college. I will be totally happy with 130-140, though.

So it's a LOT of weight to lose, but I know people here have lost more. I have two important events coming up in November, and I'm going to see how much I can change my body between now and then. I just had blood work done and am seeing my doctor next week for the results.

Anyway -- hi! If any of you have had good results with Zumba, yoga, and a vegan diet, I'd love to hear about it!

Last edited by carboncat; 08-15-2013 at 10:10 PM.
carboncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #2  
Hobbit-lass

Height: 5'2"

Hi there, and welcome!
fairandfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Stacy! I've never done zumba, but I've heard it's so fun. There is a Fitness section here that you might be interested in, and in the sub-forum "Chicks Up for a Challenge" under Support Groups, there are lots of exercise threads. Plus, there's a "40-somethings" sub-forum there too. In the Food section, there's a forum for vegetarian chicks. So browse around and jump right in wherever you feel comfortable! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote