Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #1  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Default Hello! I'm at it again...

Hello, I am brand new here, just registered last night. I seem to like getting myself into the pointless and defeating cycle of gaining and losing the same 30ish pounds over and over and over again. I am, for the 3rd or 4th time now (?) trying to get back to my healthy weight.

Perhaps 30lbs doesn't sound like a lot to some? I know that there are people with much tougher rows to hoe. However I am so tired of this seesaw. For most of my life I was just peachy-fine at 150ish lbs. Then suddenly one day I realized I was 190. I lost the weight back to 150. I gained to 180 something. I lost to 150ish, I gained to 180 something AGAIN. And so now, here I am trying to dump the weight AGAIN, and feeling pretty disgusted with myself. WHY can't I just learn? It is so hard to lose the weight, and once I get to where I am happy, WHY don't I do the work needed to stay there? Because that work is much easier than the work to lose the weight.

So, I hope to make new friends here and find success in losing and maintaining that weight loss this time!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189.6/189.6/110

Height: 5'4

Welcome !! I'm new as well
I hope we can become friends, and good luck with your weight loss
MaryQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Thank you!
Old 08-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome! Giving up is not an option,Never give up hope..Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #5  
Aloha nui loa

Once I get going, I usually do fairly well. But once I reach goal, I guess I just stop being sensible and I think to myself "I can have some ice cream" "I can have that pizza" etc. Before I know it, here I am again
Old 08-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/265/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome - and don't be so hard on yourself. Most of us who have had weight issues know all about that seesaw ride. Focus on going forward and taking positive steps here on out. We all make mistakes, we have to forgive ourselves and then do our best to learn from them and avoid them in the future. Easier said than done, I know, but necessary!
KaseyMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #7  
Aloha nui loa

Thanks. Yeah, I know it's a fairly common thing to do, but I just hate it! I work SO HARD to get the weight off, then I waste all that effort by piling it back on. When will I learn? And getting older doesn't make weight loss any easier either. So I need to do this and KEEP IT OFF this time. I hope this will be the time I succeed for good.
I made a little ticker, so hopefully knowing people can SEE my good or bad behavior will help me stay on track.
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...ASZ/weight.png

Last edited by MauiKai; 08-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote