Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/149/125

Height: 5'6"

Default Howdy.

Hey there!

I'm Thistle, by name and by nature. 20 years old, and apparently severely overweight (or so says my doctor). I'm 5'6", and 165lbs, though I carry it fairly well.
When I turned 18, I gained 40lbs in about 6 months. This is something that has happened to nearly all the women on my fathers side of the family. I gained less than most, which I put up to my active lifestyle.
Unfortunately, I've never been able to work it off. My mom will get me onto a diet, and I'll lose 10lbs before I start getting very sick and have to return to my regular eating habits.
By next May, I want to be down to at least 135lbs.

I, like many women around the world, am very sensitive when it comes to my body and my weight. Some days I'll put on a nice dress and feel great about myself. Other days, not so much.

I've always worried about joining a community like this. I've tried in the past to join forums about weight loss, and was typically shunned because I wasn't "heavy" enough to need any help losing weight. Frankly, I think that kind of thing is ridiculous. I may not be as heavy as some, but my weight still affects me. I still hate the way I look. I think everyone needs, and deserves, help in reaching their goals.

I hope to be able to become a part of the community.

-Thistle
ArtThistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #2  
So Close to Goal

S/C/G: 178/146/125

Height: 5"3

Hey Thistle, and welcome to the forum!

You wont be shunned for having a little less weight to lose than some others - that would be ridiculous! Whether you want to lose 10lbs, 50lbs or 100lbs, we are all here for the same to reason - to lose weight, to be happy and to be healthy! And it's a huge challenge for everyone, not just those with a lot of weight to lose.

What sort of weight-loss programme are you going to follow?
kate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/149/125

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to go with a reduced diet and increased exercise program. We've had almost constant storms here for the past few weeks, so I haven't been able to break out my bike yet this spring/summer, but it should be clearing up soon, and in the meantime I'll be using the elliptical in my garage.

I've also been thinking about trying out Slim Fast, since my older sister (who started at almost twice my current weight) has lost about 60lbs on them. But I'm not sure. She says they taste really bad, but they keep her full. We'll see. I think I just need to find something that works for me and stick with it!
ArtThistle is offline   Reply With Quote