Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello Everyone!!

Hi guys! Name is Hannah. I am new officially to writing in the forum but I have been looking around and reading for a long time. I really like this community and I think it will help me out tremendously. I am looking forward to starting and building some great friendships!

I was always a really small girl. The thing is, I never ate anything good for me. I lived off crap foods (Little Debbies, french fries, microwavable pizza) pretty much since I can remember. My parents weren't really into the whole "nutrition" thing.

In my late teens, I developed an eating disorder. It wasn't to lose weight. It was because I was so anxious that I just couldn't eat. Whenever I did eat, I got sick. It was awful. It was like that for about 8 months. My doctor was threatening to hospitalize me because I got under 90 pounds, and I am 5'7". But, I got scared, and started eating and eating and eating. I gained and gained and gained. Now, I am 178. I have lost weight recently, though (due again to threats from a different doctor). Before I started losing, I was actually on the obese side of the BMI charts. Unbelievable.

Last year at this time I weighed 150. I want to get back down to that, and then eventually to 140.

I am experimenting with the weight loss regimen and I am open to suggestions. Right now, I am working extensively inward on my emotional junk in the trunk. I have been reading "The Four Day Win" by Martha Beck and going through it. I have cut out all sweets for the time being. I am interested in starting South Beach. I am vegetarian though, and I have been wanting to reintroduce chicken (already eat fish), but I am afraid that I will get major sick. Ugh.

Anyway, hi everyone! I hope I didn't bore ya to death!
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hello and welcome!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/204/140

Default Hi Hannah,

I'm not sure how to do this, so I hope you see my reply. I read your post, then another one and decided to join this online group. I'm also 5'7'' and I want to get back down to 140 lbs., where I haven't been for a long time.

It seems like people in this community are in the same boat as I am. I need to lose weight so I can nice and professional in clothes that fit for job interviews and for my teaching job this summer.

I started exercising more last week, this evening I alternated jogging and walking for 2 minutes each.

Good luck on your success!
Linda

Last edited by TeacherLinda; 06-02-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: mistake
TeacherLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/189/155

You did it right! I can see your reply! Good to meet ya, Linda.
hannahbeanies is offline   Reply With Quote