Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #1  

Default Helo I am Beginnining Anew!!

Hello my name is K and I am beginning today. I walked a mile and I have had two abstinent meals today!
kotelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #2  

Wink

Hi Kotelia,
Skipping meals will eventually lead to giving up as you will experience a lot of unwanted symptoms like dizziness, light headiness, stomach pain, low glicemy... I have done it so many times fooling myself I would lose weight but few days later I would grab anything and stuff my face. I'm determined to make a life style change and eat healthy and regularly.
Its the Yo-Yo trap...you lose weight if you can starve yourself long enough but put it all back as soon as you start eating normally.

Goodluck
maria1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Welcome Kotelia!

Great job on your mile walk today, exercise will certainly get you to where you want to be. Starving yourself will do more harm than good, I can promise you. Yes it may help you drop weight quickly, but will significantly raise your chances of binge eating, gaining the weight back, and health complications.

Food is fuel, you will need the nutrients and energy for those work outs. It's not about cutting out food, it's about choosing the right food. Why don't you start off by drinking plenty of water, and just adding in more fruits and veggies and watching your portion sizes. You can figure out exactly what works for your diet as you go along. But please, don't starve yourself. You can eat and still lose plenty of weight! Feel free to ask questions on here if you can't figure out what to do, we're all here to help. Good luck
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote