Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: pre-baby 150/195/145

Height: 5'4

Default Can't believe I am this big

Here goes,
I have a 2yr old daughter that when I got pregnant with I lost weight I the beginning. I got down to about 140 and when I delivered I was 195. I can't believe I gained 55 lbs in 9 months!!!! I tried media fast for about 6 weeks and lost 20 lbs. to be honest i stopped because the food and shakes gave me horrible gas! Probably all the soy, I kept that off and actually got down to 165 which was a huge accomplishment... 30 pounds! Then something switched in my head where I have been eating what's tastes good and what I feel like rather than what I need. And guess what.. Back up to 195. So these are my flaws when it comes to weight loss
I love carbs
I love salt and lots o favors
I love butter
I am hypothyroid and I am really bad about taking my medication
I honestly don't care for working out
My husband is not a good helper with weight loss because he has no self discipline there for I don't really have a buddy.
I really hope to do it this time and keep it off. I am a nurse and when I have time to eat I always shove my face so I need to change that.
I'm not comfortable in my own skin and I am ready for that to change
tawnyalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Welcome and you are not alone here! I'm a salty/ spicy addict myself. If you need support we will all be here for you. I just joined this site a couple months ago and everyone is so awesome!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/ticker/118

Height: 5'5"

Hey tawny Welcome to the forums! I don;t know if you've decided on a specific WOE but I started weight watchers recently and I like the flexibility it gives me with allowing me 49 extra weekly points and fruits and veggies are no points. I love my buttered popcorn so you better believe I use my weeklies on those. The community support is also great and I use the tracking app on my iphone as well as the points calculator.

I encourage you to research various diets and find the one that will really work for you and be sustainable. If you love carbs I wouldn't do a diet like atkins. If you need flexibility I would choose a diet plan that allows you that. Skimming the diet plan forums is also a way to learn more about different WOEs and what has worked for some.
candykisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5"5

Welcome!! Good luck!
CatoftheCanals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/201/166

Height: 5' 10"

Before I started my goal I was so sick and tired of seeing the FAT guy in the mirror! My clothes didn't fit... my knees hurt! I met my wife at 166 and BLEW up to 252! I am now, 201.8! I know that will power is huge! I TOO LOVE food (see my introduction post "Lofty Goal"). Not only do I love food... I love exotic and intense flavors! All a recipe for being BIG! Especially, as I was never educated in the nutritional facts and abilities that vegetables and fruits have. Nor was I taught how to really enjoy my food. Instead, we were the 4 plates a meal family. We shoveled it in so fast... it was GOOD! But then again, was it? I don't remember... my belly got full and I was "satisfied." Many years of that and viola! I became fat.

Now, I am determined to get small and stay there. Like you, I enjoy food. And it can be hard to be motivated when those you reside with aren't very helpful. There are Dr. Pepper cans around here... and none of them are mine!'

Best of luck to you and know that there are people here that are likely to pull for you and send support and encouragement your way!

You can do it! And ONLY you can do it for yourself. No one else can eat for you and no one else can workout or eat less for you either.
84lbs84days is offline   Reply With Quote