Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #1  

Unhappy Desperate New member

Hi everyone, I'm 24 years old and I weigh 268 lbs. I haven't been under 200 lbs since 7th grade, and I've tried almost every single diet out there. I've lived for research on weight loss, I'm really smart at "how" to lose weight, but it's not working for me. I've tried weight watchers in the past, but my lifestyle is too busy to count points. I've cut calories, increased activity but I haven't seen any results. I have been using a CPAP machine since I was a senior in high school, I've got hosimotos (sp?) hypothyroidism, and nearly debilitating anxiety and depression. I know I'm an emotional eater, and I even think to myself when I'm eating that I'm not hungry I'm just upset. I work at a nursing home, and the residents are very cruel about my weight. One resident has even gone so far to suggest that I was molested as a child and I'm eating to forget, umm that never happened, and I was thoroughly embarrassed infront of coworkers and other residents. With so many people making their "helpful" comments I've truly quit caring about my weight; there are enough people worrying about it for me. I want to start caring again, this isn't living, this is a 24 year old person waiting to die. Also, yes I do see a counselor just to stop that question in it's tracks. Any tips, success stories, and positive input will be greatly appreciated.
kayl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282

Height: 168cm

Oh Kayl you poor thing
I'm sorry, I don't have the best of advice, but I'm sure others here with great success will step up and offer their opinions.
Good news is you're still young, and have a whole life ahead of you if you are willing to put in the hard yards to get where you want to!!

xoox
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #3  

Thanks Shyne! I really appreciate your support, I'm ready to finally start living!
kayl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/216/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome

You're in the right place. I haven't been here long but there are tons of amazing people here.

Last nursing home I worked in, residents asked me all the time when I was due. I wasn't pregnant. I can relate.

Best wishes! You can do this!
SweetAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #5  

You're so wise to reach out, Kayl. This is a wonderful forum with lots of caring people. As Shyne says, you are very young and you know how important it is to take care of yourself and your health.

I suggest that you read as much as you can here; the success stories are always so inspirational.

Everyone approaches weight loss differently; if you take the time to read through all the different ways people have done it, something will undoubtedly click with you. The important thing is that you're here, and you're determined to do something.

That's half the battle, right there.

Good Luck!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:50 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote