Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #1  

Default I want to change!!!

Hello every body! My name is Angela and I'm new on the 3FC team. I am a teenager that at the moment weights 165 pounds and I really really want to change that FOR GOOD.
When I was 13 years old I weighted 145 but I couldn't care less about it until one day my mom told me that I really had to do something about it. At the beginning it was difficult but after a couple of months I got used to it and really started to enjoy it: it became a lifestile. I used to eat enough food to keep me going, to exercise and I remember being very happy and proud of myself and my achievements(120 lbs). I know some of you may think that I was just a kid but trust me, I suffered my own way and usually the problems, in my oppinion, should be solved before the adult age, specially if they concern food and overeating.
Everything went welll until summer came and I went to spend some time at my uncle's. The breakfast consisted in a eggs, milk, break and every other food that can come to your mind and I was practically forced to eat everything on the plate( I don't know you, but my family members do that all the time). Slowly, the weight started to come back and I was frustrated. After a year I got to 155, then I reached 136( after months of struggle) and then BAM, gaied all back on holiday. And now here I am, after a lot of trying, asking you guys for help and support and maybe some encouragement.
I love working out and eating healthy, I don't even have a favourite meal, I just eat because I know that there is food in the house. I'm not obese, I think I'm kind of normal but I want to be skinny again, to feel good about myself and to be able to look in the mirror and say: " You did it again".
nicohedlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #2  
The VENDETTA

S/C/G: 175/175/123

Height: 163c.m

you can do it hun just but your mind into it
Dirty Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

to you.

Losing weight is an adventure and full of trials and tribulations as they say. Just do the best you can and learn to eat the correct food. I also came from the "clean your plate" club and realize now that I wish I had the courage to say "No... I am trying to not eat as many calories as I want to be a smaller person." Learn to eat smaller portions, or leave out some of the fast food/sugery things and the weight should come off (you are young and your energy is much higher than those of us who are older). If not.. then read thru some of the threads on here about how people are getting the weight off with their programs that they are following.

You can do it, just believe in yourself!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #4  

Thanks for the support
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 216.8/167.8/150

Height: 5'4

Maybe your mom could help support you by keeping healthier foods in the house? Just a suggestion
It's really good that you are figuring this out while you are younger. You really can save yourself year of feeling badly about yourself. You can do it!!
Amy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #6  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

You can do it! Yes, talk to your mom about getting some healthier alternatives in the house! Maybe offer to help her shop or cook, so you can be sure that you are getting the healthy stuff you are looking for. You are so lucky that you are figuring this out now and not 10, 20 or even 30 years later! My adivce, is to start learning (if you haven't already!) to cook yourself simple healthy meals, and what it really costs to buy healthy food (not saying it's way more expensive, but there is kind of an art to getting the good stuff and NOT paying out the nose!) Getting a handle on these things BEFORE you have to start fending for yourself will give you a huge advantage when you move out/go to college

Good luck on your journey!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #7  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

You know what it takes to be the "skinny" you that you want to be. You have successfully done it several times before. Keep focused on the healthy food alternatives and the smaller portions. If you feel the need to "eat just to be eating" go for a walk or get on this site and start posting and reading about others successes. It will help you get through those times. I suggest that you try to drink eight 8 ounce glasses of water a day. I found that speeds up my weight loss. I am here cheering you on.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #8  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I deffenitly don't think your struggle is less that of ours because u are a kid. I think it's great u want to change now, and u know how to do it because u have done it before. I am Hispanic and I can't go visit any family member without being served an abundance of food, and not eating it is offensive to your host, so I get that. I think u r going to do great and be able to look in the mirror and feel great not only about how u look but about yourself period. Like a few said get your mom involved for sure, she can be your best supporter!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #9  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #10  

I can't thank you enough for the support. You all totally made my day, my week and my weight loss journey