Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #1  
Wine Taster

S/C/G: OMG/WTF/WOW!

Default First Diet at 40

Hello group, Jessica here! I am not actually 40 years old, I prefer 30+10. I am just now starting a program (WW) and prefer not to call it a diet, but rather a lifestyle change. I have never really concerned myself with my weight, however I am pushing it in age and I think that it's important to really focus on being the best I can be as it pertains to my health. Besides, my husband is smokin' handsome. So, here I am.
My plan: I've never done a diet "thing" before, so I decided that I would do WW. I don't really understand how the program is supposed to work, I just know that there are points and I can eat within the confines of that throughout the day. I am a non-eater, which means that I am too busy to eat three meals, plus snacks, during the day; so I end up eating one big meal at the end of the day. Apparently that is not good for your system. That part is a bit of an adjustment for me. The good news is that it seems I have made my eating a pre-occupation now… an orange here, a snack there. It's kind of funny because I know certain foods don't have any points and I'll gravitate towards them, just so I won't have to journal about it in the little tracker tool that I get. LOL! In a nutshell, I guess that's me in regards to my "diet". It’s only been a week, I’ll keep you posted.
On a personal note (does it really get any more personal than your diet habits), I have been married for 21 years and still find my husband to be the coolest person I know. We have two daughters that are 18 & 20. This poses another opportunity for me… I don’t have to focus on my kids anymore, I can focus on me. I won’t bore you with the rest of the story.
One more thing…I’m here to use the form for support. When I joined WW, I wasn’t thinking that I would use their message boards when signing up. Once I started the plan, I had a ton of questions so I did decide to use the forum; however, I had used my personal name (and my personal email address) as a username, which is public on the forums. There was no way around it. So I cannot use the forums unless I start a new account. Not doing that.

Hello 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet!!!

Last edited by lllfearlesslll; 01-31-2013 at 10:21 PM.
lllfearlesslll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

!!!!

As for your eating one meal a day, it is no big deal honestly. It won't mess with your metabolism or put you in "starvation" mode (which does not exist, by the way) but hopefully you do try to reach your daily point target? I do intermittent fasting in conjunction with WW which means I only eat from a certain time frame (6pm to 10pm-12am, depending) and I do eat all of my points in that time frame with no problem as well as getting all the veggies, fruits, oils and so forth. I only do intermittent fasting because I get hungry all the time if I do breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I really like doing 2 big meals which really fills me up more than eating "normal."

Last edited by amandie; 02-01-2013 at 01:29 AM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 193/191.6/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! I too have just recently celebrated the first anniversary of my 39th birthday...I haven't done much dieting either but after being in denial for a long time and deciding that maybe it wasn't my clothes shrinking...and then making myself looking at a scale dead in the eye that I realized WOW ummmm I have officially let myself go! I too have kids that are quickly moving into that wonderful phase of being much more independent and I am loving it...and I still have a smoking hot husband as well, and I would really like to keep turning his head Looking forward to seeing you around the board!
deepbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 338/196/160

Height: 5 foot 8

Welcome and congratulations on taking the big step and joining weight watchers. I have an aunt who saw some major success with weight watchers this last year. She lost 150 lbs in the year. Good Luck!
graciaincito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #7  
Wine Taster

S/C/G: OMG/WTF/WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
!!!!

As for your eating one meal a day, it is no big deal honestly. It won't mess with your metabolism or put you in "starvation" mode (which does not exist, by the way) but hopefully you do try to reach your daily point target? I do intermittent fasting in conjunction with WW which means I only eat from a certain time frame (6pm to 10pm-12am, depending) and I do eat all of my points in that time frame with no problem as well as getting all the veggies, fruits, oils and so forth. I only do intermittent fasting because I get hungry all the time if I do breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. I really like doing 2 big meals which really fills me up more than eating "normal."
I find that when I eat on a consistent basis, I lose weight. When I hold out on meals...I tend to gain weight. There's no science about it for me...it is what it is. I just adjust accordingly. I don't like the highs and lows of not eating. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I drank water, but I don't do any of that when I'm "not taking care of myself". Honestly, that is the kicker for me...I think "dieting" (a word I hate) could be synonymous with "taking care of yourself". Just a little focus on one's self is all that we need (at least for me). In the first week that I've been on WW, I have lost 8 pounds. I have eaten more in this week than usual, spread out through the day. I honestly think when I take time to focus on me... I'm better all the way around. Tomorrow I will be back at the gym, after being absent from my routine for the last month (I tore a muscle). I have a very demanding job and I need to focus more on me...all the way around (health, mentally & physically). I don't assume what works for me, works for everyone else.

Thanks for all the welcomes. How thoughtful!!
lllfearlesslll is offline   Reply With Quote