Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #1  
Determined

S/C/G: 227/207/125

Height: 5' 4''

Default Hello, new to the forum, but not to weight loss!

Hello! I am new here and have been spending the last few days reading many posts around the forum.

I have done this major weight loss thing before, about 10 years ago I lost 90 pounds. I went from 190 to 100. I did do it the right way, 3 days at the gym a week, cardio at home on my off days. Making sure I was eating enough to fuel my workouts. When I hit 100 alot of people said I was too thin (not my husband or trainer who in hindsight I should have listened to). I was lifting heavy and ate food all of the time. I would guzzle protein shakes and other high calorie/high protein foods. But I stayed super thin (and shapely). I got tired of the comments so I stopped working out. I realize now I could have just cut the cardio and still maintained, but I didn't have much information available to me at the time.

The weight stayed off for a long time. Eventually it creeped up on me but I was able to keep it around/under 150. Then I had abdominal surgery 3 times in three years. Two of the surgeries were due to ectopic pregnancy ruptures. The physical & emotional fallout from these surgeries led to me getting up to 227 (I always promised myself to never get over 200). I finally feel ready to get back into shape and the business taking care of myself. I have been at this for about two weeks now and am already down to 214.

I now have an iphone which makes a great personal trainer. I am using the loseit program to track my exercise and calories. I am using fitness buddy to plan my workouts (so many fun ones!). I am also using an app that lets me track my weight loss with pictures.

Currently my workout is a stability ball one and boy is it tough! I also started the c25k program, but am waiting till I get a really good pair of running shoes before continuing with that one.

Looking forward to being a part of this wonderful forum!
Devoncroix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:44 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote