Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

Default newbie with A LOT of questions

Hey all.

Wow...just wow! The success stories and supports on 3FC is just overwhelming!I I have never been slim...but I didn't consider my weight a problem until 2006 after giving birt to my first and only child. After giving birth I quickly put on 100 pounds...and now I'm ready to kick some butt and shed the weight...I'm 25...and approx 275...my mini goal is to reach 230 then 199...but I'mnot dieting...I'm just be conscious of what goes in my mouth...eating in moderation...drinking lots of water..etc..but why do i feel like crap? No energy...I feel sooo depressed...I honestly feel like I'm starving...and when I do eat...I feel so guilty....I haven't had any sweets since new yrs eve....and I haven't overeaten a single thing....I have no desire to excersize....is all of this normal...will I eventually get my energy back? And since my goal is to lose over 100 pouns...should I be concerned abiut excess skin?I guess my biggest problem is i feel like the only person in the world that is not successful in losing the weight...and everytime I slip up...I just give in to the same bad habits....I am my own worst enemy....any advise would be much appriciated
P.s. how do I get the little scale thing under my ...the progress scale?
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #2  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Welcome!

You have to be on the board a month and make the minimum posts to get a signature weight tracker (it's to stop spam).

You WILL get your energy back, and the starving feeling will go away, your body is in withdrawal and trying to trick you into going back to your own ways.

I would suggest using myfitnesspal or the daily plate on livestrong.com (I use daily plate) to figure out your bmr (how many minimum calories you need a day) and track what you're eating. You don't necessarily have to diet, but in order to lose weight you have to expend more calories than you take in.

Exercise will get your energy level up too. Start with a walk around the house even and just add to it slowly.

I started this in August at nearly 450 lbs. I was in awful shape, and the first few weeks were so hard, but you build momentum.

KEEP GOING! YOU CAN DO IT!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #4  

Hey thanks so much for the quick reply and great advice!!! I will definately look in the the calorie counter gadget!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #6  

Hello!

I find that when I have no energy that if I get on the treadmill and start walking that all of a sudden my 'no energy' feeling is gone and I'm filled with incredible strength and stamina.

I also find that being on a forum that fits your style will serve as a motivator and cheerleader for you. You can join 'challenges' and other groups where you will make friends who are in the same boat as you and are genuinely interested in your success.

Keep up the good work!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone for the kind words