Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305.6/305/150

Height: 5'

Talking Hello!

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I've done the weight loss forum thing. I used to be (well, still am, but inactive) a member of another popular weight loss forum. Now that I've FINALLY decided to get real about making myself healthy, I decided....I'm a different person than I was when I was on that other forum...so why not make a fresh start??

My name is Christy (as evidenced by my username), and I live in Dayton, Ohio. I have a beautiful (but sometimes trying) three-year-old daughter named Alayna, and an amazing husband. My husband is also on a weight-loss journey.

We live on a small farm, and have LOTS of animals. I'm very passionate about animals, and horses specifically (my husband says it's an obsession ). We have sixteen chickens, two meat rabbits (but both are breeding does, not to eat...will have more in the spring), two pet rabbits, a pet rat, a pet mouse, thee gorgeous dogs, two cats, and seven horses (well, three thoroughbred horses, three miniature horses, and a pony).

I'm a stay-at-home mom, but I do a bit of work online, board horses here, give lessons, and also babysit kids. So, I'm pretty busy sometimes!

And now for the weight loss...I have struggled with my weight since at least middle school. My dad "surprised" me by forcing me to attend a WW meeting the first week of summer vacation after my freshman year of college. I was ANGRY! But, I did it, and I lost over fifty pounds in six months. I was happy, healthy, and feeling good.

I slowly began gaining it back when I went to Ireland for a year my junior year, and when I came back to the US, I had terrible reverse culture shock, and put on a ton more. I graduated, got married, and put on more...then I got pregnant, and put on MORE! So...here I sit...I need to lose at least 150 lbs. But my goal for now is to be 110 lbs lighter by December 31, 2013. I'm not ONLY doing this as a New Years Resolution...it just happens to coincide to when I finally hit rock bottom.

I can't wait to meet everyone!!
ChristyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #2  

Welcome! You will find that a lot of people read your posts/blogs They may not comment, but we read and understand where you are coming from
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #3  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

110 sounds like a hefty goal, maybe start with little goals that seem easier to accomplish. Just a suggestion. You sound like a very busy person, good luck hope to hear from you, plenty!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote