Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Default I have a serious problem

Hello everyone,

I don't know where to start because the 'problem' i am having is very new to me. I have never encountered such difficulty in loosing weight and i don't know whom to address about it and what to ask so maybe you know what is going on with me.

A small background for me. I never ever passed the 182 pound limit in my life. I reached it once and that was it. After that i dieted hard for a year and due to my athletic past with aerobics, running and being an intermediate yogi (I am an intermediate nothing at this point of course) i went down to a VERY exercised 110 pounds with 17% fat which was not difficult to keep for 7 years exactly because i used to be a young athlete.

So after giving up the race track i was going up and down between 141 to 165 pounds before the big weight loss i mentioned above. Nothing too extreme and nothing that caused me trouble since i could lose weight quickly and easily. And then comes real life. I get married and give birth to my now 4 year old daughter. My marriage is collapsing and i am in a psychological mess. I live in Greece and my country's economy is in the ruins and that also causes me a lot of grief. In sort i have a lot of problems. I am trying to lose weight since i gave birth. Immediately after i was 140 somethings....now i am in the 160 something region. *in the usual up and down area of mine*. Nothing extreme either.

BUT and here is my problem. I CANNOT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO LOOSE IT......whenever i loose a few pounds i go and binge in the middle of the night and gain it all back up again. I gain a few i stop eating, i loose a few and the circle lives on and on. I cannot exercise because i am alone with the kid and the house and everything else with no help whatsoever and at night when she is asleep i am simply dead. Don't even have the MOOD to try to do something about myself. I feel a worthless piece of meet and whenever i see photos of what i used to look like before i feel even worst. And the most dreadful part of all this is my midnight snacks. I don't know if you can call it binge because i don't eat huge quantities, but i get up every 2 freaking hours and eat something out of the fridge. And that goes on from 2 (in the morning) when i fall asleep to 9 when i wake up. At times i have so much water in me (i LOVE to drink litters of water after eating anything) that i burp when i sleep and the water comes up in the throat. Wtf is wrong with me? can anyone help me? Can anyone tell me WHY i cannot stop eating at night?

Please please....help?

PS: I am currently 165 (just weighted myself) and i am 5.6....

Last edited by Ellemphriem; 12-18-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Ellemphriem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Welcome and good luck on your journey.
I don't have any advice, but I'm sure there are people here who can help
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

As far as the why, I don't know! That's something you have to find out for yourself. Is it actual hunger (are you eating enough during the day?)? Is it for comfort? What is waking you every 2 hours?

The last thing you need is to buy some diet on ebay (hopefully that post will get deleted). You don't need some boxed plan unless you really need that kind of structure. Is there any way you could go to the dr to get blood work and ensure everything is ok in that area?

Stick around here, visit other parts of the website, you will find lots of support!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

My recommendation would be to get some advice and help from your doctor. I wish you all success
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle View Post
My recommendation would be to get some advice and help from your doctor. I wish you all success
Thank you, but doctors don't give any advice. Since i have no medical issues from my weight and i am not obese, they simply tell me to diet my excess weight off. No doctor has any advice as to HOW i will be able to stop eating at night. They simply say stop doing it. Yes right thanks for the brilliant advice doc, if i COULD stop it, i wouldn't be in such a mess in the first place.....
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
As far as the why, I don't know! That's something you have to find out for yourself. Is it actual hunger (are you eating enough during the day?)? Is it for comfort? What is waking you every 2 hours?

The last thing you need is to buy some diet on ebay (hopefully that post will get deleted). You don't need some boxed plan unless you really need that kind of structure. Is there any way you could go to the dr to get blood work and ensure everything is ok in that area?

Stick around here, visit other parts of the website, you will find lots of support!
If i tell you that i am waking up every 2 hours to check on my daughter's breathing because she has enlarged tonsils and she cannot breathe well at night what would you say? That was the starting point (checking on my baby-well not so much a baby now, she is 4) , but it somehow became a freaking pattern for me. Now i cannot even control it. A bell sounds in my head and i wake up searching for comfort food. I don't even know what i enjoy most when i do it. The food itself (which is never too much mind you, a chocolate here, a jello there, and i never eat proper food at night it makes me sick), OR the way i am stuffing myself with water when i eat? Because i drink a litter per choco and that is no small deed. I think i enjoy the water more, but then WHY do i eat? Why not just wake up and drink........?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #7  

I've been trying to lose weight for a long, long time. Just like you, I find that if I lose a little weight, I get ravenous and can't stop eating until I gain that weight back. It's like my body is at a set point and wants to stay the same. I think it's a biological safety mechanism.

I try to fill up on low cal veggies and I make my own bone broth. I make sure I get a good amount of fat, too. The only diet that keeps me from being too hungry is a lower carb diet. If I stick to around 75 carbs a day, I don't binge. But, that's just me. It took a lot of experimenting to find out what worked for me. Check out some of the different diets and see what you think will be something you can stick to.
wendyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome!

I don't have any advice that hasn't already been given, but good luck to you!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote