Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/140

Height: 5'4

Default hi!

I'm new here.

I've been having weight problems since I was a teenager. Been on numerous diets and nothing seems to work. Mostly I think it's because there's no motivation, get bored or depressed and seek comfort in food.

I'm upbeat when it comes to starting a diet, it fizzles and goes flat like soda :P

I really want to lose some weight, just reading some of the post on the forum makes me feel that i'm not so alone in this struggle in being overweight.

Now I need to find a diet plan that works. Hope you can point me in the right direction or some suggestions. Maybe I can even find a gym partner here. Thanks!

Last edited by skymei; 12-10-2012 at 07:55 AM.
skymei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and

Your words sound so familiar... we are all looking for "motivation" and I will repeat again what I often say. Motivation is highly overrated... we have to make a *decision* and stick with it when our "motivation" fails.

You have expressed well what I think a lot of us experience... we start off feeling upbeat and positive, and then it fizzles and gets boring. We can't rely on our feelings; they are too fickle.

That is where this forum helps, though. We are all working together, and here to encourage one another. There are a lot of threads here which help to make losing weight FUN... sharing our NSVs (non-scale victories), funny moments (someone's too big pants falling down)... and challenges, such as exercise challenges, check in threads, etc.

I wish you the best. Join right in. A lot of us are doing this, and you can too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/140

Height: 5'4

Motivation probably was the first word that popped into my mind. Encouragement is probably the one I was looking for.

Thanks misti
skymei is offline   Reply With Quote