Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

Default Coming back

I guess I'll re-introduce myself. My name is Natalie. At the beginning of the year I joined this site, ate right, worked out and lost 20lbs. I'm happy to say that I have not put that weight back on, but have not lost anymore. I lead a hectic life but it is starting to slow down. My three year old received his kidney transplant three weeks ago and I am ready (and have the time now) to focus a little more on me and my goal.
Little about me, I'm 24. Mother of three boys, two 3 year olds and a 2 year old. As I said, one of my twins just received a kidney transplant. I am on my way to becoming a nurse. Most importantly I am severely overweight. I weigh 260lbs today. At the beginning of the year I was 280. I have struggled my entire life with my weight and am ready and out of excuses. I want to be healthy, and need to set a good example for my boys. I look forward to getting to know you guys during our journeys.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hi Natalie, and welcome back!

I'm glad you're son got his kidney transplant - how is he doing?

Sounds like you had some success earlier in the year - 20 lbs is great! How did you do it? What is your plan this time?
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back, Natalie!

I'm so happy your son was able to get his transplant. I hope he has no further problems!

You may have "only" lost 20 pounds this year, but that means you're 20 pounds closer to your goal, and 20 pounds healthier.

Good luck with your journey this time around
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/259/160

Height: 5'7

coffeeshopgirl, Thank you. He is doing really great. Better than we ever imagined. To be honest, I read a book that I found on Amazon and followed what I read. My plan this time is to re-read, get the mind set again and be more active. I've spent three years being at the hospital and being exhausted all the time. I have time now to take my life into my hands and I'm going to succeed.
The other thing that I plan on doing is supplementing one meal a day with juice. We have a juicer, I know I wont make it if I try to give up food all together but one meal a day, usually breakfast, is doable and I feel good doing that. Then eating healthier meals for my other meals a day. No more cokes of any kind and I've signed up for a few email news letters from health related sites.

penmage, Thank you. You're so right, I shouldn't say "only" because it was a huge accomplishment for me. I've never lost any weight with previous attempts. And I am 20lbs closer to my goal. Thank you for that little bit of perspective, I wasn't looking at it that way and you just gave me a little more faith in myself. That makes me even happier I've come back to this site.
nataliegm is offline   Reply With Quote