Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #1  

Default Recovering Binge-Eater

Hi,
I have never been part of an online community, but there is a first time for everything right? As a recovering binge-eater I need all the support I can get!

During the last 4-5 years I have developed an unhealthy relationship with food. Since moving out of my parents' house and living with my boyfriend, I increasingly started turning to food to cover up my true feelings. It didn't matter whether I was feeling inadequate, stressed or lonely, I would stuff my face with loaves of bread, yogurt, sugar, apples, bananas, nuts, oatmeal.
I thought that one could not binge on healthy foods, but I would fool myself into thinking one apple/slice of bread can't hurt. Then I would slip into this "other world" where the only thing that mattered was what I would eat next.

My mom is obese and I do not want to turn into her.
So, as of late I have been sticking to three meals per day. Today is my third day and I am committed to making this last. My binge-starve cycles only make me more lonely and sad. I am too young to hide behind food for the rest of my live!
Right now I am sticking to a serving size of oatmeal for breakfast, salads with some healthy fats for lunch and eating dinner with my boyfriend. Right now I am too scared to have fruit in the house, because they often started my binge....
I am 132 lbs right now and would like to get to 115 lbs. My main focus is however to stop this horrible behavior.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/120.8/100

Height: 5'1"

Hi! Welcome! I'm just like you, I've never really been in an online community either, I just lurk a lot because I'm shy

Hmm, I have to say, I am not sure how one deals with binge-eating! My problem is I'm more of a lazy blob who doesn't like to exercise. But I'm sure we'll both find the support we need here
KimblesCrumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi creative! Welcome to 3FC
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote