New to website! need some friends - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 294/168

Height: 5'11

Smile New to website! need some friends

Hello everyone I'm Anna
Just joined a few minutes ago as I think I need to be part of a community of people who are in the same situation as me,as nobody I know needs to lose the weight I do and at 21 Im sick of being the "fat one"
I have always been about a stone overweight but as I am so tall it never really showed on me. I have suffered two ectopic pregnancies and strugged with depression in the past but also had one successful pregnancy and a gorgeous three year old boy to show for it I havent had the easiest of times and the last thing I worried about was my weight. I genuinely did not realise I had gained so much until I saw an extremely unflattering photo and realised that I was 18 stone. That was two years ago and after countless failed diets and sheer lack of motivation I rocketed up to 21 stone. To make matters worse all my friends are short and size 8-12 and I stick out like a sore thumb! Need some buddies who also need to lose over 100lb to help keep eachother motivated
xx
AnnaGirl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Anna and

For sure, seeing a photo has given many of us a wake-up call! Be sure to keep that photo (or a similar one) as the start of your progress pix, and take more along the way.

This is a very good place to find support and encouragement. Please feel free to just jump in where you feel comfortable... that is how we do it around here, and the place is very friendly.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck ! Today is a holiday so you may not get as many replies as normal, but there are plenty of dieters here that will be glad to share experiences with you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 320/311.4/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hello! I just joined as well.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, Anna! That initial picture is always so jarring, isn't it?? You've come to the right place, though. We're all on the same journey and you'll find a lot of support, motivation, and inspiration here! Goodluck and I look forward to seeing you in the threads!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:19 PM   #6  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGirl91 View Post
Hello everyone I'm Anna
Just joined a few minutes ago as I think I need to be part of a community of people who are in the same situation as me,as nobody I know needs to lose the weight I do and at 21 Im sick of being the "fat one"
I have always been about a stone overweight but as I am so tall it never really showed on me. I have suffered two ectopic pregnancies and strugged with depression in the past but also had one successful pregnancy and a gorgeous three year old boy to show for it I havent had the easiest of times and the last thing I worried about was my weight. I genuinely did not realise I had gained so much until I saw an extremely unflattering photo and realised that I was 18 stone. That was two years ago and after countless failed diets and sheer lack of motivation I rocketed up to 21 stone. To make matters worse all my friends are short and size 8-12 and I stick out like a sore thumb! Need some buddies who also need to lose over 100lb to help keep eachother motivated
xx
Hi there, I am new too, welcome, I need to lose over 100lbs. Would you like to be my "buddy" I sure could use one to help keep me on track!
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/168

Height: 5'11

Thank you for all the replies everyone,yes it is very intimidating to start off but needs to be done! Rhonda and Mara I have added you
AnnaGirl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #8  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGirl91 View Post
Thank you for all the replies everyone,yes it is very intimidating to start off but needs to be done! Rhonda and Mara I have added you
awesome!!!
Rhonda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 320/311.4/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Thanks for the add. Still trying to figure out how to navigate here.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote