Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 336/???/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Started at a 4X

Good morning all. I've never been to 3 fat chicks on a diet...very interesting name, I'm sure there is a story behind it. Well a little about myself. I started this journey in March of this year (2012) when my surgeon informed me I needed knee surgery (a bad fall in February) but that he would not do the surgery unless I loss 45lbs. The surgery was scheduled for early June and the weightloss began. I lost a grand total of 48lbs by the date of the surgery, was very proud of myself for accomplishing this and vowed to get the rest off.

I started at a size of 4X, it was a struggle forcing myself on the scale, but I did and was SHOCKED that the number rose so high, I had never in my life thought I would or could weigh that much.

Today I am in a size 18 (not 18W, just 18) and though I am still huge, I have enjoyed the journey. My goal is to be a size 6 again...that person is in there, I just have to find her again.

These past eight months have been fun. I've started down this path so many times before I can't even tell you. I was never overweight until I reached 35, then the weight just piled on for many reasons. None of which are that important, but were stressful enough for me to no longer care...and I honestly didn't.

I am doing so many things differently this time...

when I get out of a size, I donate all of those clothes, all of them, the only regret is that I don't have anything that I can pull out and take a picture with when I reach goal.

Another change this time is that I'm not weighing myself, other than that initial weigh-in, the weigh-in at the physicians office just before surgery (in June) I've not been on the scale once. I often fantasize about the number, but know it is a dangerous tool for me...I tend to set such unrealistic goals when I'm looking at that number daily, I get to the point that if I don't see significant weight loss daily I simply give up.

I'm not killing myself in the gym.
I get crazy with exercising. Along the way I've realized that one should never equate exercise with weightloss...it takes a significant amount of exercise to burn one single lb...I workout for the joy of it and because I know that it is the only way to RESHAPE my body and not be a skinny fat person when I reach goal.

I don't have to lose 10lbs a week, I've realized how distructive this way of thinking is and how it has not surved me in the past decade of dieting

The last big difference,
I don't hate myself if I fall off the wagon, and I have, when I do, I complete the day off plan and get right back on the next day and will usually see a big loss by the end of the week.

So I like to think I've learned a little over the years, and though I've been here before, maybe just maybe this time I will reach goal.
LovingLibra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #2  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Congratulations on your loss so far. Your weight loss methods sound very sane and smart to me!
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #3  
Days Go By So Quickly

S/C/G: 194.4/174.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! I know the felling of the relationship with the scale. At one point I was weighing myself twice a day. But NOW all i want to do is fit into my new jacket that is just a bit snug! I dont care about the number right now, even though it is important to me, I want to fit in my cloths. Donating all your old cloths is a great idea!

The thing I admire most is that you dont hate yourself for falling off the wagon. I still have a problem with that.

Anyway, WELCOME!! I joined yesterday!
BleuMaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 336/???/165

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you both for the warm welcome! Believe me when I state that it took a very long time not to hate myself...I would take it out on myself by starving myself for days or going on binges...then depression would set in for the way I behaved! Terrible cycle...

The other thing I do is when I can 'close' the next size down (pants, no elastic) I start shopping for the next size down, I already have a closet full of size 16's waiting for me to move into them
LovingLibra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #5  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

I too started at a 4X. You have thought this out and you seem empowered to get yourself to goal. Thank you for joing us. I look forward to seeing you around.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 270/263/150

Height: 5'7

Congrats on your focus and drive! The fact that you know your body and your mind speaks volumes. I too started at a 4x and although I'm only at a 2x now, I know that I will achieve my goal. What I have learned, and this may or not help you, is that until you fix what the challenge is on the inside, and start thinking of yourself as your goal, it is really hard to achieve. I am, and have, a life coach, this has been my reason for success. Good luck!
Thankyouforyoursmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and welcome to 3FC!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote