Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #1  

Default New here... just want to make some new friends and supporters :)

Hello everyone.. My name is Lisa.. I'm 28 years old and Ive been overweight my whole life. I absolutely hate it and I wanna do something about it and Ive tried before but I always end up falling off track and getting busy with something else. Not this time! I really wanna try to lose a lot of weight but I know rather than having only my one big goal, I'm going to need a bunch of mini goals. So today, I've decided that my mini goal is going to be 15 lbs by Christmas. Wish me luck
Leigh Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'1

Good for you! I'm new to this as well Maybe we can be buddies and do this together?
Mama of 2 Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #3  

Sounds good... So my goal of the day is not to consume and "diet" coke lol
Thats a huge addiction for me
Old 11-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/250/175

Height: 5'1

I'm in the same boat.. but with regular Coke! I have an almost full case sitting in my pantry and keep eying it everytime I walk by.

Don't drink diet, though! It has aspartame in it!
Mama of 2 Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #5  

Oh I know but I just get sick of water lol.. I use to drink pepsi by the liter a few years ago, but I switched over to diet coke and without that sugar intake I did lose like 30 lbs.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Leigh Leigh- Hey I'm not "new" here, but havent really ever been consistently on. Just got back to weightloss on november 1st.

I am 29 and while I wasnt overweight as a teenager I was always bigger than most of my friends and at the upper limit of my healthy weight range. This tme I am going all the way to goal. I'm excited about my program and confident I am changing my lifestyle and not just temporarily dieting this round.

So what are your plans? 15 lbs by christmas is a great goal. Have you thought about having non food related rewards for certain goals?
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/212

Height: 5'6

Hey Lisa!
I definitely agree that mini-goals are the way to go. Whenever I think big picture, I get discouraged and upset that I let myself get so further away from my ideal weight. My goal is to lose 20lbs by New Years which is about 2.5lbs a week. Let's hope we both meet our goals so we can start off 2013 on a good note!
Faye
foreverfaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Hey! I'm pretty new too! I am also addicted to coke! I've started drinking crystal lite instead when Im really craving a pop and it helps soooo much! You should try it!
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:46 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBfitnessbuff View Post
Leigh Leigh- Hey I'm not "new" here, but havent really ever been consistently on. Just got back to weightloss on november 1st.

I am 29 and while I wasnt overweight as a teenager I was always bigger than most of my friends and at the upper limit of my healthy weight range. This tme I am going all the way to goal. I'm excited about my program and confident I am changing my lifestyle and not just temporarily dieting this round.

So what are your plans? 15 lbs by christmas is a great goal. Have you thought about having non food related rewards for certain goals?
I was looking into IP but it's just too expensive for me so i guess im just gonna have to do it the old fashion way and try to exercise more and eat healthier.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASaladandaDream View Post
Hey! I'm pretty new too! I am also addicted to coke! I've started drinking crystal lite instead when Im really craving a pop and it helps soooo much! You should try it!
Ohh I forgot about crystal lite! I use to loveeee that stuff.. Thanks for the reminder
Old 11-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and welcome

I agree about getting rid of the Coke... except I think ALL fake sugars need to go!! But I wish you the best.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #12  

I wanna get rid of all fake sugars too.. It's just difficult to stop drinking the bubbly goodness lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #13  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Pop was a HUGE thing for me. I think I was easily going through 2 liters a day when I was drinking it. It was usually the only fluid I took in. When I came back from vacation this summer I knew before I started any sort of weight loss plan I had to kick that monkey off my back. It was a horrible week, but once I quit, I learned to love water and green tea. I ordered a soda at a concert a few weeks ago I got a quarter of the way through it and was sick to my stomach. I don't think I'll be able to drink it again.

Good luck on your journey! We're close in age and my weight has always been a battle. It's tough, but we can both do it!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #14  

That's exactly how I am now with regular pop.. If I drink it, I get really stomach sick.. now if only I can do that with diet pop