Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

Default The first day of the rest of my life?

Hi everyone, another newbie here! I've actually been lurking around for a couple of weeks, working up the nerve to post, and to actually start making a real effort to lose weight.

My flatmate is joining me on this journey, and so it's good to have someone to spur me on in real life. But I know I'll be making good use of the forums here for even more encouragement!

I have a lot to lose- almost half my weight, and my goal is a very specific number for me- I remember being 158lbs when I was a teenager and believing I was horrifically overweight. I would lie about my weight and starve myself to try and desperately lose some, which was hard to do as a lot of my weight was muscle from all of the sports I played. I want to get down to that weight again because I want to look at myself in the mirror and send a message back to that embarrassed teenage girl that's still inside me somewhere that she was okay the way she was.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know people around here better!
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

Welcome, FerrisW! New Zealand, huh? I've always wanted to go there.... That place looks so beautiful! Then men look pretty good as well LOL

I'm a fairly new member myself and this site has been so helpful for me. Before this, I was never able to stick to a diet or program for longer than two weeks, and now I'm almost two months in and just as motivated as I was when I started. You're joining at a great time too 'cause we're just starting a whole bunch of new monthly challenges over in the Challenges forum. Hope to see you in one of them!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #3  

Thanks for the welcome, Lakilaulea! NZ is a pretty beautiful place (which means I have no excuses to not go out walking or jogging and enjoy the view, I guess!).

Thanks for the info on the challenges- that's just what I need to keep myself motivated!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #4  
RawFoodie Maintainer :)

Height: 5'5

Yay, whatever it is you have to lose, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Just stick around here and keep posting any good and especially the bad moments you have so we can cheer you on
InspiredBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #5  

Thanks for the welcome, Inspiredby! It's great to know everyone here is so supportive!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome! I've always wanted to go to New Zealand too!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome, Misti in Seattle!

NZ is a lovely place that's well worth a visit!