Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/146.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Smile Hello there!

Hello to everyone on 3FC! I signed up a few days ago but today is the first day that I've really been reading and posting.

A little about me: I'm 21, I currently weight 150 pounds and I'm trying to reach 125 over the course of a year or so. I'm not terribly unhappy with my physical appearance, but I know that I'm not where I want to be and there's no reason to make excuses for myself and not work to get there!

My biggest downfall is late night eating and grazing. I have a busy schedule (I work freelance during the day and then have a part time job in the evenings) and that often means that I don't always take the time to eat healthy meals. Because my nights are interrupted by work, I often eat dinner after I get home (around 10pm) and usually what I make isn't very healthy (last night I made french fries with cheese and ketchup!)

My biggest problem areas are my arms (my bat wings ) and my thighs, especially those pesky inner thighs. I'd love to see my arms trim and toned and my thighs just a little less jiggly!

For right now, I'm trying to combat my unhealthy eating habits through portion control and a vegan diet that focuses on raw fruits and veggies, with some nuts, brown rice and beans thrown in for good measure. I want to be doing yoga regularly as well.

My first goal is to lose 5 pounds and get out of the 150's!
PuddleJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/Ticker/(108-110)

Height: 5'4"

Hi PuddleJumper!! Welcome to 3FC!!
I actually have a similar goal to you I'm 19, and I weighed 143, and now I currently weigh 125. And I want to lose weight to feel and look better! I started mid July, and weight 125 currently. It's been a long journey, but worth it!

I used to have a problem with late night eating as well, I go to school from early morning until 6, and on the days I don't go to school, I have long shifts at work. What helped me was preparing meals the night before so I can enjoy healthy meals on my breaks during my day. I also found that keeping a food and exercise diary helped me tons!! Plus packing meals always reminds me not to buy food, so I save money and my health. At home I got rid of a majority of the bad foods so they would be out of sight and out of mind. I also made a set schedule of when to eat, and it has really kept me on track, it's like a mental alarm clock for when I can eat :P

My hugest concerns were and still are my thighs and arms as well!! But I have been doing cardio, and a bit of weight training. Although I myself don't really see a difference in my legs, other people do which makes me ecstatic. As for the arms, I guess it's something that will come off a bit later, they are definitely more firm than when they once were. Lunges help a lot!! and the elliptical as well, that is if you have time and the equipment, other than that walking is great. I try to get at least 20 min of exercise in each day.

And cheers to your first goal!! I always tend to make my goals smaller and more attainable... which means more celebrations on weight lost!! ANYWAYS GOODLUCK!! AND ENJOY 3FC

Last edited by treesa76; 10-25-2012 at 12:25 AM.
treesa76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/146.4/125

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations treesa76! That's awesome and totally motivating!

I've started using the food and exercise journal on everdayhealth.com (which I love because it breaks down what your calorie and nutrition targets should be!) I've definitely noticed it helping me out already-- last night I got home and wanted to just snack on everything but I knew I only had 600 calories left for dinner and didn't want to go over!

Best of luck on your upcoming goals!
PuddleJumper is offline   Reply With Quote