Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/150

Height: 5'4

Smile Hi!! I'M NEW and this is it!! Lets do this!

So I accidentally came across this website while searching for reasons as to why I haven't lost any weight during my first week of starting Weight Watchers. I'm determined this time to lose the weight so I said why not do something different and join! Maybe the support I get from others will help me stick to the plan and reading others successes will hopefully put a fire under my butt!

I'm a 31 year old stay at home mom. I actually had lost 30 pounds after my children because of my stricts diets while pregnant and was going to the gym regularly. I even ran the Broad Street Marathon last May. It was one of my most proudest moments because never in a million years did I think I could accomplish that! Unfortunately soon after that I injured my back and working out was DONE! My eating habits took a downward spiral and in these past 4 months I packed on all the weight I worked so hard losing.

After getting on the scale I cried, I was angry, and so disappointed in myself! I always seem to sabatoge myself when things are going so well!

Well now I'm determined to get back to where I was and surpass that! I know its going to take time but I really need to do this. If I could do the marathon then I can lose this weight. It's definitely starting over as I can't even run for 10 minutes and I'm still hungry ALL THE TIME, I know in the end it's going to be worth it. I just have to have enough will power to stick with it!

Thanks for reading and I look forward to being INSPIRED!
Bean517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Oh wow sorry to hear about your injury! I could see how something like that would totally ruin a good exercise/lifestyle change you had going

You can totally do this! Especially since you did it before I remember when I first started my diet I WAS SO HUNGRY! Night time was the worst time for me because I would just sit there while my stomach growled. It honestly took about 6 weeks to get used to the calorie change for me. All 6 weeks were not hard though.. I would feel better than somehow it would come back. Now I do not have that issue any longer. I have strayed away from "diet" food because I have discovered if I limit myself I can still maintain the weight that I am at.. Which is no good because I still have 40 lbs or so to lose. Isn't it terrible how addictive food can be?! Just remember you are in control! I find that exercise helps me a lot. Not only do I feel better.. I can eat better and I am not as tired as I usually am when I am not exercising regularly
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #3  

Night time is rough for me. I love to sit and watch tv and "snack"! That is a no go! Thanks for all your positive feedback. Although I'm starting over with the workout routine I'm blessed and fortunate to be able to start over!! I have a clean bill of health now and I'm ready to just get back into it. I think I'm going to start Zumba! haha I don't know I need a change. We shall see! Thanks again!

Sabrina
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I have thought about Zumba myself just to try something new. I love exploring new ways to exercise. I really love to roller blade but for some reason I keep getting huge blisters now. Let me know how the Zumba goes.. isn't it like dancing?
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #5  
FatBurningQueen

S/C/G: 230/224/160

Height: 5'11

Welcome!

You will find no shortage of inspiration on these forums, I mean look at the incredible transformation Ash has made already - she looks amazing!

I think the common thing I see amongst all the girls who have successfully lost weight and kept it off isn't that they are super human people with incredible powers of willpower and determination - no doubt they have a good dose of it, but so does everyone.

No, the thing I noticed that they all have in common is that they had a goal and stuck to it without expecting it to happen over night.

This sounds obvious, but without this acknowledgment, we tend to get carried away with diets and strategies that are simply too ambitious and we don't expectations it often confirms our lurking negative beliefs that it was never going to work and we go back to our old ways!

I know you are going to success because you have the right mentality, you've achieved amazing goals in the past and you can no doubt do it again!

Good luck to you!

Geraldine
x
GeraldineHearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #6  

Thank you so much Geraldine! If I can survive being cooped up in my house for 2 days riding out Hurricane Sandy then I can do anything right!! haha Hopefully being stuck inside won't make me fall off the wagon especially if we lose power!! I can do it! )

Ash yes it is pretty much dancing. I don't think I'm getting there in the next few days like I planned since the "Frankenstorm". Thats what there calling it here! lol Wish me luck!!