Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-19-2012, 01:02 PM   #1  
Lets do this!

S/C/G: 296/286/190

Height: 6'

Red face Hello from a fat chick!

Hello everyone, I recently was pointed to using online forums by my doctor of all people! I am a 23, soon to be 24 year old full time student and pt receptionist who works from home. That's right I work from home so food is oh so close! I am currently at my heaviest point, a whooping 286, down from about 296 last week I am also tall, 6ft, so I am like the fat Jolly Green Giant! I am really adventurous and love travel, but recently had an eye opener when in Montana, I couldn't do the one mountain trail without feeling like I was going to die! So weight loss here I come. I have a goal weight of 190 right now, and eventually 185ish. With being tall I don't want to go any lower. I have been seeing an awesome doctor who has been so supportive about my weight loss goals. He has given me some vitamins to take and a diet to follow. Depending on my preference and what my blood results say he may prescribe a prescription weight loss medication, but I don't know how I feel about that. Other than being fat, I am as healthy as can be! I am in a supportive long term relationship and am working on buying our first home, so new home, new life. I want to be completely healthy.
stargazer222001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/213/155

Height: 5'7"

Welcome stargazer222001

I had a similar experience on vacation. Once I wanted to zipline with my kids over the mountains in TN. I couldn't really control my speed/stop during the zips because my weight gave me too much speed...(yikes) and on another occasion I couldn't do a simulated skydive because I weighted too much for the fans...(bummer). Well you have come to the right place for support. Get connected and good luck on your weight loss...
superwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #3  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Welcome stargazer222001!!
I hope your eye recovery is soon and healthy.
Good luck to your weight loss and so far so good!!!
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Hey, stargazer222001! Welcome to the board! Hope you find the support you need here to help your reach your goal. :-)
I'm new here also. Only been here about 2 weeks & already it's been a big help already.
I myself knew I was heavy. I was too afraid to step on the scales though. When I did on the 5th, I found out I was 280!!! :-O
Why do I want to lose weight? So too can do the fun stuff that you've listed! I want to hike & not feel like I'm gonna pass out or die. So know that you are NOT alone!
Good luck on your journey!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #5  
Lets do this!

S/C/G: 296/286/190

Height: 6'

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome! I step on the scale every week now, if not every day, not to beat myself up over the numbers but to remind me what I am working to get rid off. It helps me especially if I feel the urge to pig out on junk food. I keep it in the kitchen and it keeps me away from the snack food and reminds me to get the carrots or apples instead. I also put a photo of me on the fridge that I don't like as another deterant. I recently went on a segway tour in Gettysburg and was afraid that I was to heavy, surprisingly I wasn't. They didn't weigh me like other places do, probably because I am so tall I tend to not look as heavy as I am! I have my mini goals set, and at the end of the weight loss I plan on going sky diving like I have always wanted,
stargazer222001 is offline   Reply With Quote