Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 217/214/140

Height: 5'3"

Default New, from Arizona! Looking to shed 74lbs.

Hi All!
I have battled weight since I was about 11 but was very active and athletic until mid college then I packed it on through my second two years of college then two years of grad school. Now that I'm done with school, I have time and attention to focus on my health and body! I'm really glad I found this forum; I'm defiantly looking forward to all of the support I see posted here and helping to provide it to other people during this journey. I just started the Paleo diet and will be doing Whole30 starting 10/24. I am really interested in any recommendations or pointers about staying on track or recipe ideas!

Thanks all!
NDai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/255/165

Height: 5'4

Hey NDai
Welcome, I too am pretty new here, I dont post often but come here every few days, if not daily, and read up. I get so much motivation from this site! Im glad you found it also!
I am currently doing weight watchers, this is my first time on it, I am going into my 3rd week on it. So far I have lost 16 lbs. My 3rd week weigh in will be on Monday and I am hoping I have lost at least another 3lbs.
SO what does the Paleo diet consist of? I am not familiar with it.
Felicia86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Welcome ladies to 3FC! This is the place to share your goals and get support! I am still new myself here and I can honestly say; the ladies on here are Awesome and help you and every way they can! You can talk about anything! If you want to know about a diet; there is someone here who has tried it or is trying it! Welcome again ladies and can't wait to hear about your progress!

Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/173/135

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome!!!
SarahJane88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/214/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies!
Thank you for the warm welcomes! So, as I understand it (and totally as a newbie), the Paleo diet eliminates grains, legumes, dairy, added sugar/alcohol. So the emphasis is on lean meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds. I've already been told that I am gluten sensitive and dairy intolerant so I kinda feel like this is the leap I need to make to take control of how I'm making my body feel, ya know?
NDai is offline   Reply With Quote