Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/229/170

Post New to 3FT

Hello All

I stumbled across the 3FC website about a year ago when looking for some WW friendly recipes, but only this week did I discover that this was a community and since then, have browsed a number of the boards and found a lot of helpful and inspiring posts.

Just over 6 years ago, I started WW and within 8 months had lost 32lbs and hit my goal weight. It felt fantastic and I was so proud of myself and vowed that I would never allow myself to turn back. Fast forward six years and here I am, at the age of 33, not only having gained back the 32lbs, but another 37 on top of that. I know what the trigger to the spiral was (I lost my father in a tragic accident five years ago and since then, have taken on the mothering role to my mother who, at the age of 53, was completely devasted at becoming a widow), but now am completely disappointed with myself and cannot understand how, in what seems overnight, I could have gained 69 lbs. From time to time over the last six years, I have half-heartedly started using the WW plan again, but, taking an honest look back, I know that there was no real commitment. I look at pictures of myself (what few pictures I’ve allowed to be taken) and can’t believe that is really what I look like now – that’s not what I see when I look in the mirror (maybe there is something wrong with the camera lens ).

Now, as my biological clock starts ticking and my husband & I start down the scary journey of trying to conceive, I find myself panicking and dwelling on the fact that my weight might be a factor (or perhaps THE factor) that prevents us from having a family. This, of course, is not helped by the constant articles you read about the effects of obesity and all of the information that google provides at your fingertips.

I am now committed to the life change and I know what needs to be done and have the tools that I need to get serious about weight loss. My starting weight is 229. I find it hard to even type that number and wouldn’t dream of ever saying it out loud. Based on the posts that I’ve read, I think that I’ve found the support network that I need with 3FC. While I have a number of girlfriends and a supportive husband, a weight loss journey is something that I’m not quite ready to share with them. Deep down inside, I don’t want to fail, and, even more so, don’t want others to know that I’m failing.

I am worth the time & effort necessary to lose this weight. I deserve to look a photo of myself and be happy with the image that I see. I need to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not have to suck in my tummy.

I’ve browsed the site and the various boards, but if any of you 3FC veterans have suggestions on which boards I would find most helpful, I’d love the advice.
lt1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #2  
Becoming A Better Me

welcome to 3FC! there r lotsa posting options for u... weightwatchers (if u choose that route again). 30 somethings, look around, jump around n join in anywhere u feel pecks at ya lol! ur gonna love it here!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote