Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #1  
Chubby Yogi

S/C/G: 220/155/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Finally ready to get healthy!

Hi everyone!

I'm here because something finally clicked. I'm no stranger to "dieting," but in the past my experience had pretty much been limited to crash diets or drastically cutting calories without ANY regard to nutrition (i.e. eating 1200 calories of junkfood and expecting to see results). I hated my body very much, and wanted to see as much of it gone as quickly as possible.

In early 2012, something changed. I started practicing yoga and, even though at ~215 pounds I was by far the heaviest woman in my class, I found that it made me feel strong and fit and beautiful in a way that I never had before. Over the subsequent months, I began taking baby steps in the right direction. Although I wasn't changing my eating much, I began running. I started making an effort to invite my friends for hikes rather than meals, and gradually I realized how good it felt to treat my body well.

Now, I think I'm finally in a good headspace--coming from a place of self-love, not fear--to begin my weight loss journey. I've been focusing on incorporating a wide variety of whole foods into my diet, and I've never felt better.

I still have a long way to go, and from the looks of it this site is a great way to give and get support...so here I am! Let's do this.

Last edited by coconutmilkosaur; 08-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
coconutmilkosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:31 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Great job on your 25 Lbs loss so far!! You are doing wonderfull!! Keep it going and much luck with your continue efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

Welcome! I am sure you will continue to do great! You've got a great attitude, and that is one of the most important pieces of the puzzle (one I am working on myself). Hope you get a lot out of the forums!
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #4  
Chubby Yogi

S/C/G: 220/155/130

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for the kind words!
coconutmilkosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! It's nice to meet you!
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome! Congrats on the 25 pounds gone
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #7  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

you are doing great! I take yoga 3x a week and I luv it! I'm glad you too have found something you love that is working for you. I also started c25k. I never thought I could be a runner but I'm enjoying it a lot! I want to run my 1st 5k in May 2013. keep up the good work! and welcome!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote