Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Default New SAHM of 3 kids looking for support

Hi all,

I'm a 42-year-old SAHM (recently stopped working and I am loving it) of 3, ages 11-20. We have 2 cats, a 15-year-old dog, and a wonderful husband (oh yeah, fish too

Anyway, I had started The Simple Diet back in March and while I have lost weight, I find I do need support (not necessarily from those doing the EXACT diet per se, but those who are positive and not super anal retentive about every morsel) and well friendship during this journey.

I was a certified medical transcriptionist who worked at home for the last 15 years (for the first five years I was in hospital, but decided to come home as soon as technology was available for my hospital), but the industry has changed and I was able to quit...so I did. It's been a change, but not as big as I thought as I had worked from home for so long I guess?

Anyway I practice yoga at home most of the time and because of some myofascial issues and plantar fasciitis I do an exercise bike for cardio. A little over 2 years ago I couldn't WALK in the grocery store without having to rest up 2-3 days after. It was horrible. I couldn't move, I couldn't engage in any activities with the kids, sitting through a choir performance was torture (not because the kids are bad, but because my back was), and after a few months of physical therapy which helped somewhat I remembered what I learned years ago...yoga worked for me. So I started that journey which led to more "mindfulness" as far as nutrition and then it hit me.

I wasn't losing weight just eating "better choices" and after 10 years of "dieting" I needed prepackaged foods or something to KISS. Fortunately, it was around the time the book came out and I said to my husband I will follow it to a T...and I did except for June and July (camping, vacation, and inlaws..oh my). I didn't gain anything per se, but I didn't lose and after they left I got back on track. THAT'S when it hit me, I need some more support so that I WOULD NOT do that again.

Anyway this got long. I'm a talker...ha ha.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote