New to the Forum - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/246/165

Height: 5'5.5''

Talking New to the Forum

Hi! My name is Jessica! I am a mother to two boys (Sean & Trae). With my first son (Sean, who is now 4) I had just started working out and gotten down to 180 lbs when I found out I was pregnant. During the pregnancy I ate very unhealthy because "I was Pregnant" (my excuse) and put on 40lbs. After giving birth I never really even tried to lose the weight, finding excuse after excuse. I got up to around 225lbs. With my 2nd pregnancy (Trae, who is now 8 months old) I had just started dieting and trying to lose weight when I found out I was pregnant. During this pregnancy I ate really healthy and actually lost weight (still had a 7lb11oz baby), I stayed right about 220-230 my whole pregnancy and the doctor was really impressed. I breastfed for 3 months and felt like I was doing a good job. Until I stepped on the scale. Boy was I wrong and very disappointed. I was back in the 240s. Now I am 246 and am FED UP!! I am tired of being hot just because I weigh so much. I was hefty all through high school and it wasn't until college that I started to get my weight under control, which meant close to 200. I have gotten to where now I am focused and ready to diet and exercise. I have started exercising and am trying to eat healthy. I have really really good days and then I have really bad days. I am definitely an emotional eater and right now my stress level is very high. For some reason it seems like I cannot go into the grocery store without picking up a candy bar or soda (even if its Diet). Some days I am very focused and nothing can stand in my way and other days I am on the couch with a bag of potato chips. I do not want to set a bad example for my boys that it is okay to be over weight and eat poorly. I am hoping to find motivation here and find other people dealing with the same struggle I am. I have tried getting support from other people in my life and while my sons' father is VERY supportive no one else is, they can all lose weight whenever they want. I look forward to meeting all of you
Jlanzieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Jessica

This is an awesome place to find the support and encouragement you need. There all kinds of diets and age groups. Find the support group that best suits you and post often
Best wishes on your journey

~Blessings~ Judy
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote