Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 AM   #1  

Default Introductions are half the battle...

I would be yet another noobie looking for motivation and inspiration and ... lots of other words that end in -ation! I've lurked around these boards a bit, and figured it was about time for me to actually DO something instead of continuing to hide in the shadows. No one is going to motivate me or keep my accountable unless I ask... right???

Okay, so here we go. I go by Kay. I'm a "20-something" female, which means I'm closer than 30 than I want to be, and I don't want to start the next decade of my life being the negative blob I've been throughout my 20s. I currently weigh 338 pounds, but luckily, people seem to pass me off around 260. I see that 338, though - on the scale, in the mirror, and how my body reacts to things. I've been lucky to not have the "side affects" that come along with being overweight, but I know that can change in a second, and that thought scares me. My goal is 150 pounds, but I don't care how long it takes me to get there - although, the sooner the better, I won't lie.

I currently track calories (very, very horribly), and use an elliptical (a whoppin' 10 minutes before I tire out), and sometimes I incorporate Dance Central 2 and Your Shape 2012. I love to walk, and I can walk a mile in 20 minutes (people are usually surprised by this) and I love to dance (hence the DC2) but I find it hard to get myself motivated to actually DO these things.

I've attempted many diets, including going vegetarian (went badly) and low carb (I love pasta so much I should be Italian) and I've always come back to low calorie. It's been the most successful attempt so far... until my in-laws came in town and wanted to take us out to dinner. A lot. Portion control at restaurants, for me, is a sour subject. Diet was broke, and I gained back the 12 pounds I had lost... and haven't been able to get myself back on track since then.

I have a blog here on 3FC (same username as on the forums) that I started in hopes to gain some people to help keep me accountable. As much as I love my family and friends... they all have their own things going on, and they're all lucky enough to not have to worry about their diets and weight as much, so I hate bugging them to push me - even though I know they would. It'd be nice to have people that are going through this WITH me to help motivate me... plus, new friends are always good, too.

I apologize for the wall of text (holy crap, it's 2:40 AM ) and I hope to actually stay active and get to goal! Thank you for reading this, if you took the time to!
cherrylime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 456/199/199

Height: 5'10"

It sounds like you know its time you need to do something.

It can be done. I used to weigh 456, I'm down to 214. I just decided finally that it was time to do it, and have stuck with it. Weight watchers has worked for me.
Borgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Kay!

You have found the perfect place to get the support, encouragement and accountability that you need.

I'm excited for you, because YOU have decided it's TIME.

If counting calories is what works for you, then by all means go for it girl

I also would like to wake up and be thinner, healthier, and all that. BUT I didn't gain this weight overnight and neither did you. Take it one pound at a time. Any loss is always better than a gain
Best of luck to you on this journey. Post often so we can see your success!

~Blessings - Judy ~
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #4  

Thank you so much for the welcomes. Yes, I am ready to do this, but I know it will be a difficult battle and a long road ahead of me. I have all the determination in the world, so hopefully I can find the motivation to actually get there. I'm tired of not loving myself.

Thank you again. <3
cherrylime is offline   Reply With Quote