New to 3FC but not to Weight Loss - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170?/135/125

Height: 5 ft

Default New to 3FC but not to Weight Loss

Here's my story:

I was always a chubby kid from an overweight family. As a young married adult of age 23 I got up to my highest weight at about 170 pounds (although possibly as much as 175). I went on Atkins and got down to about 140 or so, had a baby, got back down to 140 or so, went up to 150, had another baby, back down to 140 or so, and as he weaned, I got up to around 160-165 again! Yikes! That was 2 years ago. I made some major changes and sailed right past my goal of 135, and ended up somewhere around 122, with a goal of 115, that I think was too low. My scale was not very accurate, so I'm not sure.

Anyway, life happened, and my weight crept back up to 139 (I'm now 32 years old). It's simple--I didn't exercise enough, and kept eating past the point of being full. I'm trying to get myself down to 125 and be very serious about maintaining it. I have a good, accurate scale now, so I can't play denial games with myself like I used to.

One thing I'm struggling with is that even back at 125, which is a good weight for my muscular body, I will not look like a model. Yeah, I know that should be obvious, but it's been hard for me to accept.

Also, it's weird to me that for many years, I would have been overjoyed to be the size I am now. I wear a small, size 6, and want to be a 4 again. At one point, I was overjoyed to be an 8. I'm trying to be proud of what I've accomplished while still striving to lose those last few pounds.

So, that's where I am. I'm love to get any advice or encouragement!
ericacrochets is offline   Reply With Quote